This article is over two days old and may contain outdated advice from the authorities regarding the koronasmitten.
Keep yourself updated in The overview, or through the FHIs website.
I think it is a pity that the FHI and the media uses these figures in a way vinklar it on a whole people group when it is a few of us that have made mistakes. It stigmatiserer a large group of man, says Abdullahi Ali Only.
Ali Only working to the day that reinhaldar at Bekkestua center in Bærum.
He has chosen to ask for an interview with the Norwegian broadcasting corporation during the premissen that Abdirahman Diriye is present and acts as interpreter.
Diriye is styreleiar in the Islamic Council, however, represents not his organization in this case.
Think he was suffering on the job
the Evening of 19. march after work began Ali Only to notice the symptom of koronasmitte.
– I am lost in the many people and many things on the job, so there are many places I may have been suffering, he says.
Ali Just decided to sjølvisolerte to avoid infecting others.
A week later he got high fever and was admitted to Lovisenberg hospital.
Where I was tested and had proven koronavirus, ” he says.
Think several factors lie behind the
– It is important to say that it is difficult to assess whether the Norwegian-somalis are over-represented among the suffering, ” says Marta Bivand Erdal migrasjonsforskar at the Prio institute for fredsforsking.
We can today only speculate about the reasons, think forskaren.
– But it is important to emphasize that the explanation probably is a combination of various factors not one single factor, ” says Erdal.
PROBABLY NOT A CAUSE: Maria Bindand Erdal, migrasjonsforskar by Prio, think there are several reasons behind overrepresentasjonen of Somalis in the FHI say overview of infection per birth for koronasmitte in Norway.
Photo: Ebba Tellander / PRIO
Migrasjonforskaren think a combination of these points can be the reason behind why so many who are born in Somalia are registered as suffering from FHI:
Profession: Norwegian-somalis are a number of other innvandrargrupper highly represented in the Sal – and serviceyrke. the Many live in Oslo: Many Norwegian-somalis live in Oslo, where there is more infection than other places in the country. the Buforhold: 38 percent of norsksomaliarar is “crowded dwellings” according to figures from STATISTICS norway. the Omsorgskultur: There is a strong social and cultural norm to take care of the elderly and the sick who are strong among somalis in Norway, think Erdal. the For the late information: Much evidence suggests that the information to the people of different languages, not reached well enough, early enough, think Erdal. Think many have been suffering at work
– the Situation is that very many somalis who are working in exposing the profession has been suffering on the job, ” says Abdirahman Diriye.
Dirye tell that several norsksomaliarar are frustrated over the fact that this not have come more clearly forward.
He uses a taxisjåførar as an example of a particular smitteutsett group.
– Speak I have confirmed by several suggest that around 30 Norwegian-somali drosjesjåførar to be suffering on the job, says Dirye.
WILL BRING UP the NUANCES: Abdirahman Diriye are reminded medium that describes the koronasmitte among norsksomaliarar to see the social reasons behind the infection.
Photo: Terje Pedersen More taxisjåførar to be suffering
Mohamed Abdulkadir, a leader of The somali organization for human rights and integration (SOMI) think Norwegian institute of public health their number contributes to the discrimination.
– To declare how sick people are born stop not sjukdommen, but provokes the splitting and discrimination, ” he says.
Abdulkadir jobs for a day as a taxi driver. Through his work in the SOMI and as a taxi driver he knows more suffering.
– It is especially the many suffering taxisjåførar and other people in other serviceyrke on the front line, ” he says.
FRYKTAR MORE STIGMA: Mohamed Abdulkadir, a leader in the SOMI.
Photo: Private Takes the distance
– to be able to operate well smittevernfagleg work will FHI continue to publish information about groups that have especially high risk, ” says head of department for migrasjonshelse in the Norwegian institute of public health, Thor Indseth.
He takes a strong distance from those that use speaking to promote stigma, but underlines that it to register the country of birth is a smittevernfagleg tools.
We know not of speak shows a real over-representation, or whether the high figures among somalis is that more is tested, he says.
WILL NOT STOP PUBLISHING: the Director of migrasjonshelse in the Norwegian institute of public health, Thor Indseth, explains that they will continue to publish information about groups who have particularly high risk.
Photo: Private Will continue to publish the
Norwegian institute of public health decided to publish the overview of the infection based on country of birth for them was easier said than done, the increase in the number of suffering persons In Norway who were born in Somalia.
at the same time came the gloomy figures from Sweden:
– And the the 24. march was known that 6 of the 15 koronarelaterte deaths in Stockholmregionen was among the Swedish-somaliar, it was discussed whether specific measures should be put in the time, ” says Thor Indseth
Avdelingsdirektøren in the Norwegian institute of public health think it is important to be open about to speak as the authorities use when they are considering measures.
– It is an important democratic value that the students gain insight in the avgjerdsgrunnlaget for avgjerdene and the use of resources to the government, says Indseth.
More about koronaviruset StatusRåd and infoØkonomiSpør NRK Status NorgeSist updated: 10.04.20206275Smittet232Innlagt112Dødestatus for Norway