In Feodosia inaugurated after the restoration of the Obelisk of Glory and the monument to the “Fraternal grave of Soviet soldiers 1941 – 1942”. This was reported by press-service of JSC “Rosoboronexport” (part of state Corporation rostec).
the work took more than two months. During this time the conservators have repaired stele that represents a sculpture of a sailor leaning against a rock with a gun in his right hand, re-lit the Eternal flame and set the illumination of the monument. Also, experts have replaced the fence, the cracked slabs and curbs and established a system of diversion of rain water and in the Park near the obelisk planted trees and shrubs.
the Obelisk of Glory was erected on the Hill of Glory in Ordzhonikidze (Feodosia urban Okrug) in honor of the 35th anniversary of the start of the fighting for the liberation of the Crimean Peninsula from the Nazi invaders in 1976. The platform at a monument, to which a staircase with a length of 69 meters, fenced with stone wall and tile.
In December 1941 in Feodosia landed troops of the 44th army of the Transcaucasian front. Already on 30 December 1941 the red army liberated the city from invaders. However, in mid-January 1942, the Germans began their offensive in the area of Feodosia, which Soviet paratroopers began fighting to move to AK-Monayski isthmus and to Sevastopol. Then the part of the paratroopers were killed near the village of Ordzhonikidze.
All the materials for the plot of “the 75th anniversary of the Victory” read .