Khamovniki is one of the most interesting districts of Moscow with a rich history. At different times lived here, for example, Leo Tolstoy, Mikhail Bulgakov, Oleg Dal, and Oleg Yankovsky. Here are the “Luzhniki”, the Pushkin Museum, the Cathedral of Christ the Savior and, of course, the Novodevichy convent, which is undergoing a major reconstruction. Already restored 18 of the monuments of the monastery, among which the chamber of the Princess Mary Alekseevny XVII century, Filutowski shelter and eight towers.

We propose to take a virtual walk through the lesser known, but no less important places. A guide will be local historian, a connoisseur of the city and the chief editor of “Moscow heritage” Philipp Smirnov.

the house on the corner of Simanovskogo passage and Prechistenskaya embankment, as if descended from the pages of Russian fairy tales, known as. It was built in 1907 by the engineer of means of communication Petr Nikolaevich Pertsov. He announced a competition for development of the project “apartment building in the Russian style”. The jury consisted of Victor Vasnetsov, Vasily Surikov, Polenov, Vasily and Fyodor Schechtel. He Pertsov stopped on the project Sergey Malyutin — despite the fact that he took second place. The mansion became a real work of art: carved staircases, tiled stoves, stained glass, majolica mosaic with fabulous-epic motives.

Passing through the street, stop at (the Zubovsky Parkway, the house 2) — a fine example of the Moscow classicism. The need for the construction of the new stone storehouses for provisions appeared in the early 1820-ies, as the old wooden barns, which was located then at the square Serpukhovskaya Zastava, became dilapidated. The project commissioned the architect Fyodor Shestakov, and for the sample taken resurrection proviantsky warehouses in St. Petersburg, built in 1821.

the three-story building that is part of this complex (Komsomolsky Prospekt, 13), —. It was built in the late XVIII century under the project of Matvey Kazakov in the style of early Moscow classicism. “This house was built on the site of the woolen factory, founded by Peter the Great on the so-called okoem Khamovniki parade ground. There was a place of training and review of the troops,” explains Philipp Smirnov.

Originally the building was residential, but in the early nineteenth century around it were erected barracks, and the merchant house was bought and rebuilt for resvertarol officers and the chief (commander) of the regiment. Hence the name of the house Patronage. The building became a laureate of the contest “Moscow restoration” in 2018.

the Next point of the virtual route (Leo Tolstoy street, building 21). This status the building was on the personal order of Vladimir Lenin.

Once inside the small wooden house, it is possible to visualize how the writer lived, by the way, very fond of this place. “Inside, in the interior, nearly all survived, thenthat immediately after the revolution more than six thousand items has been put on security. So I remained there glasses, of which drinking fat, and the bike on which he rode. An interesting instance is the bike Rover produced in 1908. Looking at it, you can draw two conclusions: first, Tolstoy — the first hipster in Moscow, and secondly, he had pretty strong legs, because to pedal on this model was hard,” said the guide.

Before the manor, too, has something curious — authentic lights, which were installed on a thick. At that time Moscow was the factory district, and gas lighting was a rarity. Of course, since they are not just altered, but the original pillars, and the bowls have survived to the present day.

Then go to the travel Maiden Field, where a fine example of constructivism — (travel Maiden Field, 4). It is an impressive building in the art Deco style.

pay attention also at the massive cube in the corner of the building. Now it is empty, but initially there was a huge tank. It can be seen in old photographs. For example, there are images depicting the staff of the Academy, who were in the November 1941 parade. On the background rises this powerful and terrible machine, caterpillars which reach a height of two-storey houses. By the way, on these photos you can see the monument to Leo Tolstoy, created by the sculptor Oleksiy portyanko.

Nearby (the house 23 on the street Burdenko) —. Due to the fact that it has restoration workshops, it was preserved in very good condition with the original interiors of the Empire period, that is 20-ies of the XIX century.

the House was preserved thanks to the enthusiasts: it was supposed to demolish in the 1960-ies, but the people of the mountain came to his defense. They gave us a real gem of post-fire Moscow model house in very good condition.

Moving on Plyushchikha in the side of the street Elanskogo and on the right in the courtyard notice (ulitsa Plyushchikha, building 62, building 2). Vladimir Fedorovich Snegirev was an obstetrician, a prominent physician of the late nineteenth century.

“Snegirev was the first to build a medical campus. It all started with the fact that he just bought land in Devichye pole and built a house there, which was attended Moscow women giving birth (this was before there were hospital). But, as he was a prominent member of the medical societies, he began to collect from patrons and benefactors promises to build medical campus in Devichye pole. So much history associated with the development of medicine, with institutions Sechenov, Pirogov, and so forth, started with this little mansion,” says Philip Smirnov.

Directly opposite is one of the oldest in Moscow stadiums. His appearance changed much, but the fence, football field andHorta historic. Interestingly, in 1909, he simultaneously opened two sports stadium, by the two corners of the city: “Petrel” on the corner of the girl’s Field travel and “Falcon” on the corner of Elizabeth lane.

Meanwhile, approach a wonderful sample of the authorship of constructivism Konstantin Melnikov — (ulitsa Plyushchikha, building 64/6, structure 1). Soviet ideologists in the 20-30-ies of the last century, decided EN masse to build the house of culture for companies.

it created the house of culture. Usually it was space somewhere for 500 people, with a large hall for meetings. For the construction of “Rubber” is very popular at the time, Melnikov went to the corner lot at the intersection of Plyushchikha and 2nd lane Workers. Expressive the architect entered the building in the existing building. The feature was a round lobby, with a beautiful exterior staircases.

the Architect has designed many interesting solutions, such as, for example, a transformable stage or mobile partition.

“Continuing the conversation about constructivism, not to mention the so-called, located on Bolshaya Pirogovskaya (building 51). If you look at it from above, it resembles a small handsaw, body like teeth sticking out in different directions. This constructivist dormitory, built in 20-ies of the twentieth century, composed the famous village of Usachevka. About it removed a lot of documentaries, it showed the aliens as a sample of the new architecture,” says Philip Smirnov.

Nearby, on the street 10 years of October, is. It lead children, many residents of the Western suburbs, but few people know that this is the first social constructivist building. So without knowing it, the young Muscovites go to vaccinate in a fine example of constructivism. For her, if you go in the direction of Hamovnichesky Shaft, opposite the metro station “Sportivnaya” is part Usachevskie constructivist village of garden city, city of the future. This house is a machine for living, created by all the canons of constructivism in the 1920-ies, where the inhabitants had everything we needed: shops, Laundry, kindergarten.

Virtual tour ends, and walk through the Weavers — no. In this area you can stop almost every building, and each will tell his story.