Never before in the history of the Bundesliga have players’ agents been as powerful as they are now. Every change by a client flushes a lot of money into the intermediary’s coffers. The German Football League (DFL) has now published the clubs’ costs for consultants.
Bielefeld modest: The figures published by the DFL for consulting costs relate to the 2021 financial year. Even the bottom of this fee table, Arminia Bielefeld, comes to a whopping 2.2 million euros. Borussia Mönchengladbach is in the midfield with expenditures of 7.8 million euros, but things get really exciting in the top 3.
BVB on top again: It is not the German long-term champions FC Bayern that is at the top, but Borussia Dortmund, as was the case last year. BVB paid out 32.8 million euros in 2020/21 to the advisors of its employed kickers. Behind them are still not Munich, but RB Leipzig with 25.9 million euros.
Bayern only third: FC Bayern is only in third place. The Munich team had to pay 25.8 million euros in fees and commissions to the often unpopular players’ agents. Incidentally, the commissions are not only due for player purchases, but also for sales.
Expenditure on agent fees 2021
1. Borussia Dortmund 32.8 million euros
2. RB Leipzig 25.9 million euros
3. FC Bayern 25.8 million euros
4. Bayer Leverkusen 18.1 million euros
5. Eintracht Frankfurt 15.7 million euros
6. TSG Hoffenheim 12.8 million euros
7. Hertha BSC 10.3 million euros
8. FC Schalke 04 9.9 million euros
9. Borussia Mönchengladbach 7.8 million euros
10. VfL Wolfsburg 6.9 million euros
11. VfB Stuttgart 6.3 million euros
12. 1.FC Cologne 5.8 million euros
13. SC Freiburg 5.1 million euros
14. FSV Mainz 05 4.3 million euros
15. Werder Bremen 3.6 million euros
16. FC Augsburg 3.2 million euros
17. Union Berlin 2.2 million euros
18. VfL Bochum 0.9 million euros
Short, compact, clear