Experts gradually reveal the paintings on the ceiling of the pavilion № 15 “Electronics and communication” (formerly “the Volga region”). The restoration is carried out using archival photographs and original materials. This is a complex and delicate work. More than 60 years the mural was plastered and painted over. Will uncover more than 100 square meters of colorful decor. These pictures decorate the ceiling ceiling framed by stucco. They are in the halls of Kuibyshev, Saratov, Ulyanovsk regions and also in the hall on the Chuvash ASSR. The canvasses were painted by an unknown artist or a group of authors to the opening of the pavilion “Volga” in 1954. It is noteworthy that they are all done on a linen canvas casein-oil tempera, which was pasted to the plaster. The main subjects of the harvest in the gardens, the livestock producers with livestock.
five years later, the pavilion is redeveloped and called “Electronics and communication”. Some of the paintings painted over regular latex paint, and part plastered or covered with whitewash. In the ceiling hung rectangular lights to mount them made holes in the paintings.
“About what’s in the dome lights in these halls there is a painting, showed archival photographs. Therefore, before starting work, the restorers conducted a small trial cleaning and actually found the fragments of paintings”, — said the press service of the Department overhaul of Moscow.
Now the artists-restorers working in the halls of the Saratov and Kuibyshev areas. Clearance colorful decorations in the other rooms will begin after completion of piling for strengthening of foundations of a building because the process cannot be stopped.
“the paintings in the halls of the Saratov and Kuibyshev regions were unevenly painted latex paint over which a visible layer of polymer a late model. In addition, in the hall of the Saratov region was still thin and uneven layer of putty and a layer of emulsion sizing. Due to the fact that the surfaces are different, use different equipment disclosure murals. It is performed in several stages. Each detailed diagrams-cartograms cleared plots, with indication of their state”, — said in the capital Department of capital repairs.
To the present time in the Kuibyshev region painting cleared by about 35 percent. Work carried out with great care not to damage the paintings. Paint, which they painted over more than 60 years ago, was unevenly applied. Besides, it added pigment, and this led to the fact that on the ceiling a few shades of grey. Areas with lighter shades cleared Le��th than the dark. For each shade used their special liquid to flush.
the Picture in the Kuibyshev hall performed along the contour of the ceiling and is devoted to farming. It is already possible to consider calves, grooms with horses, a pig with piglets. Painting a rich, dense, noticeable changes of the artist, which he made at the time of writing. Visible and the loss of the original paint layer. Presumably, it had previously tried to clean off.
In the hall of the Saratov region painting revealed 75 percent. To soften the top layer of latex paint ceiling the ceiling was making a paper soaked in a special restoration wash. Then the swollen layer of paint schewels with a scalpel and cotton swabs. After you have removed the putty. Her last layer removed with soap and water.
As noted in Department, hardest part of work was the removal of the emulsion sizing, which is literally fused with the artist’s layer of painting. Apparently, this happened because the painting did not have time to grow old.
art restorers did up to 30 samples clearing with application of different restorative washes, not yet picked up any composition that affect the sizing and do not injure the copyright layer. Now the picture is already noticeable Apple orchard, visible combiner and the people in the car — the theme is harvest.
to Complete all repair and restoration work is planned for the first quarter of 2021.
the First building of the pavilion “Volga” built in 1939 by architect S. B. Znamensky. It was a symbolic steel bridge over a raging cascade of waters of the Volga. During the great Patriotic war the building was seriously damaged and dilapidated. In 1949, adopted a resolution on the construction of a new pavilion by architects E. V. Yakovlev and I. M. Chechenskogo: layout and design of the façade remains the same, but was re-designed décor and technical equipment. The pavilion was decorated in the style of Stalin’s Empire. The majestic facade of the building was decorated with reliefs on the theme of defense of Volgograd in different years (Tsaritsyn — in the Civil war, and Stalingrad in the Great Patriotic war), the development of the Volga river and the peaceful labor of the people-the winner and sculptures, and the porticoes.
the roof was installed sculptures of the defenders of the country — the sailor and the soldier, and the main entrance was crowned with a sculptural composition “worker and collective farm girl” with the arms of RSFSR. The pavilion entrance was decorated with a map of stained glass with images of the Volga region the Volga-don canal and the gas pipeline “Saratov — Moscow”. From under the stained-glass Windows with images of the Kuibyshev and Stalingrad hydroelectric power stations on the walls of the side wings of the pavilion, dripping water fountains, creating the illusion of river flows at hydroelectric power plants. The building would be eight exposures, thetive halls: the introductory hall, the Mordovian and Chuvash ASSR, Stalingrad, Saratov, Kuibyshev, Ulyanovsk, Astrakhan regions, the stairs and three small utility rooms.
the Pavilion was completed in 1952, finishing work continued until the discovery in 1954. In 1959 it was reconstructed by the architect V. M. Holstein, engineer I. M. Chechenskogo and designer V. A. Shtabsky. Then the pavilion was called “Electronics and communication”. Then on the background of the struggle with the excesses lush decor partially dismantled and partially closed new trim aluminum plates in the spirit of Soviet modernism. Completely removed the porticos with square columns, removed the sculpture, cut down part of the bas-reliefs have changed the design of the roof. The pavilion began to resemble the radio. On the roof posted a 57-foot mast with antenna for color television.
In 2014, facing of buildings, more than half a century hidden from visitors ENEA historical facade has been removed. Now the pavilion return the historical appearance of the sample of 1950-ies.