Tennisstjernen Simona Halep has not touched his racquet since February, and she finds the first until may.
It will be almost three months without a single tennisslag.
The reigning Wimbledon champion Simona Halep takes probably the immediate coronapause in tenniskalenderen more literally than many other top players.
the Romanian has not touched a tennis racket, after she at the end of February won a WTA-tournament in Dubai.
– It is the longest period where I haven’t had my hands on a racquet.
– And how I want to continue one more month, says Halep in an interview with Eurosport.
The 28-year-old tennis player is currently in his home in a complex in Romania.
She has jogget around a bit in the areas around the building, but not abandoned reason in 22 days, then she will avoid being infected with coronavirus.
– I have tried to make it secure, for I am a little afraid of it. I just try to take it easy. I wake up around at 10 or 11. It is good to get a lot of sleep.
– I have no alarm, which wakes me up, and no schedule. I wake up just, and so I eat breakfast before I run around here in the building, she says.
Both the women’s WTA Tour and the men’s ATP Tour is suspended until mid-July, but Halep expect a longer break.
– the Worst case scenario in my head is that the entire season is over, but I am sure that we have enough to get through this period of time, if we listen and stay home.
As I look at it right now, then I will believe it (suspension, red.) longer than to July. The hope is that we can play the US Open, but it is not safe, for New York has problems at the moment, she says.
the US Open is scheduled to be played from 31. august 13. september in the american city, who right now are struggling with a large number of people infected with coronavirus.
on Wednesday selected the organizers of Wimbledon to cancel this year’s edition of the grand slam tournament. The French Open has been postponed from may to september.