the Moscow Department of cultural heritage approved the subject of protection (11, structure 2).
Experts have confirmed that the architectural appearance and construction materials, and location of the house on the city plan are of particular value and cannot be changed.
the House was built in the beginning of 1700-ies in place of the white stone houses of the late XVI — early XVII century. To our days from the ancient chambers in the building are preserved cellar with arched ceilings. It is assumed that initially, it was a basement (lower floor) of the house, while the second floor was wooden. Later he became a stone.
In the 1790’s manor house was rebuilt. Today, three-storey house in the classical style is the object of cultural heritage of Federal importance. In addition to architectural, it has memorial value. Here spent his childhood and youth, the poet Fyodor Tyutchev. In addition, the building is considered the prototype of the 2nd home Starsobesa in the novel of Ilf and Petrov “the Twelve chairs”.
the subject of protection came in the main walls of the building and walls of the XVII–XVIII centuries, the basement with its arched vaults and side extension. Architectural value is the design of the roof with Dormer Windows, corner risalits of the facade and Doric colonnade with a balcony on the second floor, balustrade balcony with parapet pillars, arched niches with moulding in the lunettes above the Windows, pediments, intermediate profiled cornices, crowning cornice with a smooth frieze and Attica. Also of great importance are location, size and shape of Windows and doors in the house, the materials of walls of facades. In addition, the experts acknowledged the value of inter-level stairs and stairs in the interior of the house — their location, design, materials and decoration.
As the head of the Department of cultural heritage, now any restoration work the house will be subject to the approved of the subject of protection.
the Owner of the estate in the second half of XVII century, is considered close to the king Fedor Alekseevich boyar Ivan Miloslavsky. Subsequently, the owners of the estate changed several times. At various times it was owned by Prince Volkonsky, count Dmitriev-Mamonov and nobles Dashkov. In 1790, the estate passed into the hands of Prince Ivan Gagarin, who belonged to an ancient and illustrious princely family Gagarin. He was captain of the fleet, participated in the battle of Chesma. After retiring, he settled in Moscow, became close friends with many masons, including the well-known publisher and educator Nikolai Novikov was a member of the Moscow Masonic lodges.
at the Gagarin manor house in Armenian lane was rebuilt and acquired its present classical appearance. The author of the project of reconstruction of the estate was made by the architect Matvei Kazakov. He expanded the building due to additions and ndstroil the third floor, practically without affecting the main core of the building — a historic house. Kazakov was preserved the basic composition of the house with two risalits on the main facade. Between them he built a balcony on the columns, giving the manor house a modest and refined appearance. Simple and elegant was decorated and the interiors of the house.
the Family of the famous writer, the manor was sold by the heirs of Prince Gagarin in 1810. Fyodor Tyutchev lived in the parental home until 1822. It is noteworthy that the estate was damaged by fire in 1812. According to legend, the Armenian lane and the surrounding area survived from the fire through the intercession of Napoleon’s bodyguard Roustam the Mameluke, of Armenian origin whose soldiers guarded the local estates during the fire.
According to historians, in this house there have been future Decembrists — Dmitry Zavalishin and Ivan Yakushin, who was in relationship with Tyutchevy. In 1831 the parents of Fyodor Tyutchev sold the house to the Moscow guardianship of the poor clergy. The means known philanthropist Dmitry Gorikhvostov here was organized the widow’s house, where lived the widow and daughters of the clergy.
In the 1920-ies the building was a House of social security Nekrasov. It became the prototype of a 2nd home Starsobesa in the novel of Ilya Ilf and Yevgeny Petrov “the Twelve chairs”. In the Soviet years it housed various institutions, the house itself was not rebuilt, and preserved almost in its original form its historic character. Now in the main house of the estate Gagarin — the tyutchevs is a Russian children’s Fund.
Fyodor Tyutchev (1803-1873) — Russian poet, diplomat, corresponding member of the Imperial St. Petersburg Academy of Sciences, privy councillor. Tyutchev’s poetic heritage includes more than 300 lyric poems, among them “Spring storm” (1828), “Summer evening” (1829), “Winter’s angry without reason” (1836) and others. In addition to the lyrics, to have survived more than 1,300 letters to Tyutchev.
Matvei Kazakov (1738-1812) — Moscow architect, one of the founders of classicism in Russian architecture. According to his projects in the capital erected many buildings in the capital. Among them Petrovsky Palace (the Leningrad prospectus, the house 40), the General-Governor’s house — now the city hall of Moscow (Tverskaya street, 13), the Senate Palace of the Moscow Kremlin and the Novo-Catherine’s hospital (Strastnoy Boulevard, house 15).
the Preservation and restoration of architectural monuments in Moscow — the most important direction in the work of the Department of cultural heritage. Many monuments find a new life, adapt them for modern use, while maintaining the historical appearance of the capital. Since 2011 the city has restored more than 1,400 objects of cultural heritage, of which 203 in 2019.