Popular among Russian tourists in Montenegro, previously announced its unwillingness to accept them because of the epidemiological situation in the country, is preparing to restore the tourist flow from Russia in the shortest possible time. On this portal of the Association of tour operators of Russia (ATOR) told the Director of the Office of tourism of Tivat Banevich Danika (Danica Banjevic).
According to her, it is projected that the opening of borders and the lifting of entry restrictions for Russians will be “very soon”. “After all, Russia is one of the priority markets for our country”, — said the interlocutor of the portal.
At the same time, she said, no official information on this issue at present.
it is Known that over the past year, Montenegro was visited by more than 384 thousand tourists from Russia, which accounted for 15 percent of the total arrivals who have booked in local accommodation facilities of 3.5 million nights, up to 25 percent of the total number of nights reserved.
on may 25, it was reported that Montenegro eased imposed on the background of the pandemic coronavirus restrictions on entry into the country for tourists, but temporarily refused to accept travelers from Russia because of high level of infection. So, with the beginning of summer, authorities are considering opening borders with States with similar epidemiological situation.
Montenegro declared victory over coronavirus may 25. The authorities noted that this has happened thanks to the coordinated work of state bodies of the country and the responsibility of society. Currently, the government plans to deal with the consequences of the pandemic. According to the latest data, Montenegro recorded 576 cases of infection COVID-19, 12 people died and 315 — cured.