Defense Minister of Armenia Davit Tonoyan was contacted on Thursday with the personal representative of the OSCE Chairman Ambassador Andrzej Kasprzyk, telling him about the aggravation of the situation on the border with Azerbaijan, said the press Secretary of the Armenian defense Ministry Shushan Stepanyan.
"Tonoyan informed about the situation on the border with 3.40 (2.40 MSK), noting that the Azerbaijani side has many injuries and deaths. The Minister of defence has informed that attacks on Armenia’s borders with Azerbaijan are stopped by all available forces and means," – said the press-Secretary of Facebook.
Previously, Stepanyan said that in the night of Thursday, the Armenian soldiers stopped the attempted incursion of Azerbaijani armed forces. She also stated about the shelling from howitzers D-30 on Armenian border villages of Aygepar and Movses. Stepanyan noted that this is the first major violation of the ceasefire established since midnight July 15.
Began on 12 July a clash on Armenian-Azerbaijani border continues for several days in the neighboring areas – the Tavush and Tovuz, bordering also with Georgia and located a few hundred kilometers from the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh, where the situation was calm. In the place of the attacks are military positions stationed near the village of Movses. According to Baku, died 11 Azerbaijani servicemen, including a General. The Armenian side announced the deaths of four and wounding ten of the military. Azerbaijan and Armenia blame for the attacks on each other. A number of countries and international organizations expressed concern about the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border and urged the parties to dialogue. The Russian foreign Ministry said it was ready to assist Baku and Yerevan support to stabilize the situation.