The United States cut its military presence in Saudi Arabia, announced Thursday by several American media. We are talking about the relocation of the batteries of anti-aircraft missile systems (SAMS) Patriot. Sources in Washington explained its decision by reducing the threat from Tehran, but the tone of the official statements of American politicians in Iran have not changed. Some media pay attention that the news about Patriot arose against the backdrop of friction between Washington and Riyadh due to oil prices.The United States withdraw from Saudi Arabia, two of the four Patriot batteries stationed there in October for the protection of oil facilities, and two from the Middle East. The latter will be sent to the United States for upgrades and maintenance, reported the news Agency AP, citing an official source, who wished to remain anonymous. Previously, some other media reported on the conclusion of four batteries just from Saudi Arabia, but the AP source said that the two batteries stay where they were, on the Saudi air base “the Prince the Sultan” in 130 km to the South of Riyadh. From what other countries are derived SAMS have not been reported. In addition, the source told about the withdrawal of two of the 12 squadrons of fighters available to US in the region, and about 300 military personnel who served the AAMS in Saudi Arabia. The source added that in the Middle East are more than 12 batteries and Patriot missile defense system THAAD, that can intercept ballistic missiles at high altitudes. According to him, the U.S. made the decision in connection with a reduction of the threat from Tehran. The same version has appeared in other media.We will remind, the decision on the transfer to Saudi Arabia 3 thousand soldiers, two squadrons of fighters, one wing of the expedition, two batteries and one Patriot missile defense system THAAD was taken to the USA after rocket attacks on the oil facilities at Saudi Aramco. Responsibility for the attack has taken the Yemeni Houthi movement “Ansar Allah”, but the United States did not accept this version and blamed on Tehran. At the same time, Russian President Vladimir Putin offered Saudi Arabia to protect its oil facilities to buy Russian s-400 or s-300, which was very negatively perceived in Washington. In February about sending their Patriot to Saudi Arabia in the framework of the program organized by the United States, Britain and France said Greece.At the end of March, instead of displaying the battery States, by contrast, has placed SAM at two bases in Iraq: “ain El-Assad” is about 200 km West of Baghdad and another in Erbil in Iraqi Kurdistanian these objects underwent in January attack by the Iranians in revenge for the killing of Americans force commander “al-Quds” corps of the guardians of the Islamic revolution��AI of Qasem Soleimani and Deputy commander of the Shiite militia, “al-Hashd al-SHAABI” Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis. On the basis of “al-Taji” was installed missile defence system short-range.”I don’t want to talk about it, but we do,” he said. However, it added: “This has nothing to do with Saudi Arabia. It relates to other countries, frankly, much more”. As noted by the newspaper The Wall Street Journal, the Pentagon think it’s more important to pay attention to the military presence of China in Asia.It does not seem to US changed their minds about the threat from Tehran. On Tuesday, the U.S. Secretary of defense mark Esper, told reporters that Iran continues to “adversely affect the situation in the region,” including Iraq, Yemen and Syria. Yes, and the President trump only a few weeks ago, personally gave the order to open fire on Iranian military boats, if they would interfere with the U.S. military.In addition, the President this week had to endure a battle with Congress for your right to use military force against Iran without the consent of the legislature. The U.S. Senate failed to override the veto of Donald trump, which he put on the resolution that prohibits him from such actions. It is very symbolic that on the eve of the appearance of news about the alleged decline of the threat from Tehran for the first time in a month and a half the attack were the base of the antiterrorist coalition in Iraq. The blow was struck at the military airfield near the airport of Baghdad, where us military are based. Since the end of last year to the end of March there were about 30 such attacks, but then there was a lull. The US blamed the attack on “al-Hashd al-SHAABI” and supporting a number of Shiite groups in Iraq Tehran.The news of the withdrawal of Patriot batteries to Saudi Arabia came amid publications of some mass media about the tensions between Washington and Riyadh due to oil prices. So, Reuters reported on 30 April on a telephone conversation between U.S. President Donald trump and the crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Mohammed bin Salman held on 2 April. Himself Donald trump, responding to a question from Reuters, this information is not confirmed. “I didn’t have to tell him about it. I think he and President Putin, Vladimir Putin, was very reasonable,” said he, implying a compromise, which went to Russia and Saudi Arabia for the sake of reaching a new agreement within OPEC+. On the question of what he has said to Muhammad bin Salman, President of the trump answered very evasively: “it was difficult for Them to make a deal. And I talked to them on the phone and we were able to negotiate”.3 may the press Secretary of the Embassy of Saudi Arabia in Washington Fahad Nazir has published in his Twitter account about��roverrange article in Reuters, not to mention the name of the Agency. “This week was published a news article about a recent phone conversation between his Royal Highness crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and President Donald trump, which completely misrepresented the content and tone of their conversation and totally distorted their relationship, based on mutual respect,” he wrote.7 may on tape by Reuters, appeared a notice on the cancellation news regarding the conversation of the President of trump and the crown Prince about the OPEC+, as it was “wrong”. About what specific news are not reported, it is mentioned only that it concerns the debate on 12 April and “was sent by mistake.” On this day OPEC+ could finally make a decision about reduction of oil production, and the conversation of the President and the Prince was ten days earlier.Last year and a half President of the trump insisted to Congress and the American public the need to continue military-technical and other cooperation with Riyadh, despite the murder of a Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, which I suspect including crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The U.S. President has repeatedly stressed that Saudi Arabia could shift to Russia and China. Therefore, it is difficult to imagine that the Patriot output is associated with the pressure on the government of the Kingdom, especially as the conflict over oil prices at the moment, exhausted. Among the latest news — the intention of the Pentagon, which was reported Thursday by The Wall Street Journal, to reduce American military contingent in the multinational force in the Sinai Peninsula. Of 1156 people 454 is the us military. However, it is not yet an approved plan, which resist the state Department and Israel. And in any case, when necessary, the United States can always do it over, what has been repeatedly done over the past year in Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia. This is confirmed in the latest comments by the Pentagon in response to the news of the withdrawal of SAM from Saudi Arabia. The defense Ministry noted that the regularly injected and withdrawn troops from the region and is able to build strength in a short time.Marianna Belenkaya
Austin Weather Forecast
26.1 ° C
Latest News & Headlines
Eintracht Frankfurt is Europa League winner! The Hessians beat Glasgow Rangers 5-4 on penalties in the final in Seville. It is the first German...