It’s hard not to notice how much the Internet has changed our lives. A modern person learns, works, makes purchases, meets other people, and has fun on the Internet. Over the past few years, online games and cam to cam chats have become one of the most popular ways to entertain online.
The largest online gaming store, Steam, is constantly collecting user statistics that each of you can review. At almost any time of the day, the number of people online is about 20 million. And this is just one of many services.
Many people like online games. After all, they get the opportunity not only to spend time playing their favorite game but also to communicate with other people, meet and interact in every possible way. There are frequent cases when a couple communicates during a computer game for the first time in their life, after which they meet in real life and manage to build strong relationships.
Speaking specifically about services for communication and meeting new people, video chats certainly win. Such websites focus on direct communication and nothing distracts from the conversation on them. For example, too active gameplay in games, when players literally forget about each other for a while, appeals to a lot of people.
The most popular online games
Did you know that the first multiplayer game Tennis for Two was released in 1958? But the first network games for several players were Maze War, Empire and Spasm, which were released almost 20 years after. Of course, these projects cannot be compared with what we have now. Neither in terms of schedule, nor gameplay, nor management principles.
Some of the most popular online video games:
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
The world of gaming entertainment is changing rapidly. It is likely that after a couple of years this list will change completely. Indeed, every year new interesting online projects appear and attract a multimillion-dollar audience.
Video chats with strangers: an indispensable component of online entertainment
Communication with other people is one of the most important reasons for the popularity of the Internet as a phenomenon. And there are a lot of ways to communicate: from social networks and instant messengers to dating websites and random chats with strangers. Each format has a right to exist and has a large audience. But we will concentrate on online video chats. After all, this is one of the most entertaining ways to find new friends and chat with random people from all over the world.
Most popular random chats:
- Omegle is one of the pioneer chats that was launched more than 10 years ago on March 25, 2009. During its successful years, the number of website visitors per day exceeded 1.5 million people. Now the daily number of users is about 150 thousand. The website is popular mainly due to the fact that it was one of the first resources like that in the world.
- CooMeet is a popular random webcam chat that allows men to chat with girls and vice versa. This is convenient because CooMeet only connects you with users of the opposite sex, you only need to go to https://coomeet.com/chatrandom. So, the search for interesting interlocutors and, possibly, the future partner takes less time.
- Bazoocam is a very popular random video chat in Europe. In particular, in France and Germany. Moreover, the geography of the service, of course, is not limited to several countries. More than 40 thousand people use Bazoocam per day.
- Facebuzz.com is the American stranger cam chat, using the same basic principles of chat roulettes. You go to the website, provide access to the webcam, after which the system connects you to a random user. This is a classic random video chat with a fairly thorough moderation.
- Chatspin is a random video chat application for iOS and Android. It was a mobile format that made it very popular. Indeed, even now, most video chats are available only in web versions. Usually, they can be used exclusively from a computer or a laptop through a browser. This is not always convenient. And Chatspin allows you to chat anywhere, anytime. The main thing is stable Internet access.
Of course, the number of video chats with strangers is much larger. New services appear every year. Surely, in the near future we will see many interesting projects that will totally rock on the Internet.
Why are online games and cam chats so popular?
Many people underestimate the popularity of online video games. You will be surprised, but 80% of all Internet users have played online games at least once. 50% do it regularly. The situation is similar with random webcam chats. Millions of people have used them at least once. Many users visit them on an ongoing basis.
By the way, it is worth considering that online games include not only large projects. But also ordinary flash games on social networks aimed at co-passing. These are typical “time killers” that can easily take several hours of your time. If we talk about the giants of the gaming industry, the number of regular users in them is measured by millions of players.
Random video chats are difficult to compare with online games in any way. And at the same time, they have their own game element. After all, it all depends. Today you may talk to boring and uninteresting interlocutors, whereas tomorrow you can meet a person who will become a part of your life.
The main advantage of random cam chats over online games is the absence of addiction. Indeed, researchers have repeatedly paid attention to the fact that people (especially children) are prone to addiction. Video chats do not cause such dependency. Although the desire to go into the chat in the evening after work for a couple of minutes or even several hours is quite a common occurrence. And if video games are in most cases a common waste of time, random chats are a real way to find new friends and even your love. Therefore, be sure to try this format of communication, if you have not done it before. You can use both the services listed above and their analogs. The choice is abundant.