Military commanders of India and China are investigating the incident, which occurred on Monday evening on the demarcation line of the parties in Ladakh and caused the death of three Indian soldiers. Clash of the guards was a complete surprise to the military leadership of the two countries: last week, new Delhi and Beijing started a decisive round of negotiations on de-escalation on the contact line of the parties. The incident in the valley Galvan has shown the fragility of the status quo between the two leading powers in Asia, having after the war of 1962 and the unresolved border conflict.About what the Indian side suffered losses at the line of actual control in the border with China, the region of Ladakh, announced on Tuesday the official representative of the Indian military command. “During the process of de-escalation taking place in the valley Galvan, last night there was a fierce confrontation, which led to casualties. Among the dead from the Indian side — the officer and two soldiers. Top military officials of both parties now meet at the spot to defuse the situation”,— reads the statement of the Indian side. However, in a brief official statement did not specify the circumstances under which the Indian military suffered losses on the line of control with China, replacing the border and do not have a clear demarcation.In connection with the incident, the defence Minister of India Rajnath Singh on Tuesday held an emergency meeting with the participation of the chief of the defence staff General Bipin Rawat, the chiefs of staff of the three armed forces as well as foreign Minister of India Subramaniam of Jaishankar. Its details are not reported.More expanded, informal version of the incident, citing its sources, outlined a leading Indian weekly, India Today. According to him, during the incident in the valley Galvan in addition to the deaths of three soldiers traumas of various severity level have received 11 persons from the Indian side. “Now they are on treatment,” reports India Today. According to the source, the collision occurred after “the soldiers of the Indian army tried to push back the soldiers of the PRC”, which crossed the line of control and were on Indian territory. When this occurred a fierce fight, not a clash. “In the course went stones, metal batons, but not firearms. Not a shot sounded”— said the source India Today.In turn, the Chinese side presents a different version of the incident, insisting that violators of the status quo became the Indian armed forces.As stated at the briefing on Tuesday the official representative of the Chinese foreign Ministry Zhao Lijiang, it is the Indians twice crossed the line of control and attacked the Chinese soldiers who were forced to defend themselves. ChineseII the diplomat called the incident “a serious physical clash between the parties”, thus indirectly confirming the hypothesis that small arms in the valley Galvan did not apply.”China protested and made a restrictive view of Indian side, we again formally request India to follow our consensus,” said Zhao Lijiang.While leading Indian media reported the casualties on the Chinese side, without specifying their number, official confirmation of this information from the Beijing followed. “I do not have such data,”— evasively noticed Zhao Lijiang. However, he emphasized the need to bring to an end the efforts that both parties have taken in recent weeks through diplomatic and military channels to reduce tensions along the line of control.A separate statement was made on Tuesday and the Ministry of defense of the PRC. His tone was very hard. “Sovereignty over the valley of the river Galvan has long been ours. India border troops have withdrawn from their words seriously violated the agreement the two countries on border issues, as well as the consensus reached in the Sino-Indian negotiations on the level of corps commanders, which caused serious damage to the relations of the armed forces of the two countries and the feelings of the two peoples”,— said the official representative of the Western military district of the armed forces of the PRC Zhang Shuili.”We demand that the Indian side has curbed its troops on the frontline, immediately cease all attacks and provocations, were moving toward the Chinese side and back on the right track of resolving disagreements through negotiations,”— said the representative of the Western military area command of people’s liberation army (PLA).Then after a long pause on the line of differentiation of the parties to the incident, reminding them about their long-standing territorial dispute that emerged when India was defeated in войне1962 year and part of its territory came under the control of the PRC. It all started in the frontier district in the Indian state of Sikkim, where about 200 Indian and Chinese troops clashed in melee combat. After a mass brawl guards in the area were seen in Chinese military helicopters. And after that fighter jets of the Indian air force made an unplanned flight around the line of control in Ladakh. This incident was the first setback in relations between the two giants of Asia after April 2018 leaders of China and India met in Wuhan and agreed to build a “new partnership XXI century”.Meanwhile, the situation along the line of control continued to deteriorate. At the end of may, India and China moved into Ladakh, in the mountainous district of lake Pangong-TSO, which hosted one of the major battles short but bloody war in 1962, additional units. About��however, already on 6 June, the Indian commander of the 14th corps, General-Lieutenant Harinder Singh and commander of the South Xinjiang military district major General of the PLA, Liu Lin began negotiations designed to restore calm and to begin the withdrawal of troops.History sopraccitate further”Both sides continue to operate in military and diplomatic areas, aimed at achieving in the shortest time possible peaceful settlement of the situation to ensure peace and tranquility in the border areas,”— said at the end of last week, the official representative of foreign Ministry of India, Anurag Srivastava.Until the latest incident, both sides said that the negotiations were proceeding successfully and that the clash in the valley Galvan, apparently, was for the military command of India and China as a complete surprise.Although the next clash on the border had shown the fragility of the status quo in relations between the two countries, both sides make it clear that will not let the situation get out of control and negotiation for the breeding of the parties are completed.It is noteworthy that, as it became known on Tuesday, 22 June, the foreign Ministers of India and China should hold talks in a video conference with Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. According to Indian media reports, the initiative for such a meeting, which may be affected and the situation on the Indo-Chinese border, was made by Moscow.”We are closely monitoring the situation on the line of actual control that separates China and India in the district of Ladakh. We are confident that both Beijing and Delhi as two of the responsible member of the international community will be able to find mutually acceptable ways of resolving tension using the established mechanisms of bilateral dialogue,”— said in early June the official representative of Russian foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova.Sergey Strokan
Diplomacy with his fists India and China sort out the relations on negotiations and clashes on the border
RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR
Austin Weather Forecast
5.3 ° C
Latest News & Headlines
Sergei Sobyanin reported on the growth of the number of small...
In 2022, the number of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Moscow increased by seven percent. This was announced by Sergei Sobyanin in his...