Berliners came out to protest against the quarantine measures

Hundreds of Berliners gathered on Saturday to protest against the restrictive measures imposed by the authorities to combat the epidemic of the coronavirus, the police detained several most active participants, the correspondent of RIA Novosti.

The action was to be held on the Square named after Rosa Luxemburg, however, the police blocked the passage to her. As a result, the square at the beginning of the meeting (15.30 local time) were not more than 100 participants, the others gathered in the surrounding streets.

The main demand of the protesters was "the restoration of constitutional rights". The restrictive measures they consider a violation of their civil and economic rights. Among the slogans on the posters were "Immediately repeal the civil rights violation!", "Wake up! What happens to the Constitution?", "Those who believe that reducing the morbidity associated with isolation, seem to think that for this reason, in the street good weather".

The participant Nebel, 37, an engineer, holds a placard with the inscription "Constitutional law" and the coat of arms of Germany.

"I believe these measures are not even a violation of constitutional rights, and abolition. The situation with coronavirus does not require such measures because the underlying rate of virus replication (a coefficient indicating the speed of propagation of the virus in the population) and the imposition of measures, and now the same – less than one", says Nebel RIA Novosti.

So, he says, restrictive measures need to cancel, "nothing will change, everything will be like the flu". The observation that in Italy and new York was not "flu-like" the Agency said that "it’s all a distorted picture of media, the probability of dying that the crown that it is one and the same".

Police reminded citizens that according to current rules adopted by the city authorities to fight the epidemic, it is forbidden to gather in groups more than two people, otherwise it violates the orders of Senate and the Federal law on protection against infectious diseases.

About an hour later, at the urging of the police, the bulk of the protesters began to disperse. The police did not use lethal weapons to disperse them, but was detained the most active protesters, accompanied by a disapproving roar of the crowd.