More than 20 investigations are said to have been initiated against the suspected knife attacker from Brokstedt. This means that the criminal history of the suspect Ibrahim A. is much more extensive than previously known. A. is said to have stabbed two young people on a regional train last week.
The criminal history of Brokstedt’s alleged perpetrator was apparently even more extensive than previously thought. A spokesman for the public prosecutor’s office in Bonn confirmed on Tuesday that more than 20 investigations had been initiated against the man in North Rhine-Westphalia. Most of them, however, would have affected minor offenses and had been discontinued.
Serious allegations were therefore on the one hand a dangerous bodily harm – here he should have hit a man with a chain – and a suspicion of rape. But these two procedures were also discontinued. The man was finally convicted in NRW in three cases.
The 33-year-old is said to have stabbed passengers with a knife on the regional train from Kiel to Hamburg on Wednesday last week. A 17-year-old and a 19-year-old died and five people were injured. The attacker was eventually overpowered by other passengers and arrested by the police at Brokstedt station.
It was already known that the stateless Palestinians who had come to Germany on Christmas Eve 2014 had been registered in NRW from January 2015 to the end of 2020 and had repeatedly committed criminal offenses during this period. According to security circles, there were, among other things, proceedings for threats, bodily harm, property damage, shoplifting and sexual harassment.