The 52-year-old man, who is said to have killed his niece in Albstadt in Baden-Württemberg in December and fatally injured her friend with a shot, has confessed to the crime.
In mid-December, a 23-year-old man was shot dead in the center of Albstadt. The suspect leads the investigators to another body in his garden: his 20-year-old relative. Now the 52-year-old suspect has finally broken his silence.
The “Bild” newspaper has received information about the suspect’s confession. It appears his statements are consistent with the results of the police investigation. Accordingly, the 52-year-old is said to have strangled his niece on Sunday, December 18th. He then dismembered her body and buried the body parts in the garden of the house. Both should have lived there.
A few days later, on December 21, the 52-year-old fired several shots at the boyfriend of his dead niece in the center of Albstadt. He died in hospital a short time later. After the shots, the police arrested the suspect.
The police said he cited a “financial motive” to justify the crime. However, the investigation into the course of the crime and the motive continued even after the man’s confession.
According to the police, the motive for the crimes is still unclear – despite his confession. What the investigators know so far: All three involved knew each other. They are Italians, the woman also had German citizenship. The police spokeswoman could not say how deep and what kind of friendship between the two young people who were killed was.
Relatives mourned the victims online. The city was also deeply affected by the events. “We are all shocked that something like this can happen here in Albstadt,” said Lord Mayor Klaus Konzelmann (Free Voters). “Our thoughts are of course with the families of the victims.” He hopes that the background and motives can be clarified. “We are glad that the danger to the Albstadt population has been averted after the arrest of the suspect.”