Danish emergency is increased after coronakrisen has increased Denmark’s vulnerability, says defence minister.
Defence minister Trine Team (S) are now warning that foreign powers will exploit coronakrisen to harm Denmark.
It writes Jyllands-Posten.
the Warning comes in the interaction with the intelligence services in Norway and Sweden.
More specifically, it goes on, to foreign powers and extremists will exploit the crisis to spread harmful påvirkningskampagner. But also to collect intelligence on the preparedness and infrastructure in Denmark and other western countries.
According to the Trine Team increases pandemic “National vulnerability”. And that is already seen examples of negative påvirkningskampagner turned against Denmark.
this is Why preparedness has been increased. Both in Denmark and on the Danish representations around the world, she says.
– There is a reason for great concern. There is no doubt that foreign powers will exploit the crisis.
– There is, among others, the risk of dissemination of myths that can harm Denmark’s reputation and have a negative impact on both trade, tourism and affect the perception of threat in Denmark, she says to the newspaper.
Trine Team adds that we also may see examples of cyber attacks that the extremists can more easily recruit troubled people, and that foreign powers will attempt to purchase the Danish infrastructure businesses, as the lack of money because of the crisis.
Also in Norway, warns the Police Security service (PST) that the pandemic open for foreign powers. Here is the fear that they “could take advantage of the murky situation to spread false information” and obtain intelligence on Norway.
– We know that individual foreign states ‘intelligence services are watching on the Norwegian authorities’ crisis response and preparedness, says Annett Aamodt from PST, according to Jyllands-Posten.
– We also know that there will be calls to spread the coronavirus to selected persons or groups, which the extremists regard as enemies, she says.
the Same dire threats represent Klaus Friberg. He is head of the Swedish security police Säpo.
– Coronakrisen has led to an increased vulnerability for Sweden.
– This is exploited to foreign powers. Extremists who use violence, also take advantage of the situation, he says to Jyllands-Posten.