Learn how decorated Russian peasant houses and the Royal mansion, and also to see examples of ancient architectural wood-carving, preserved to our days, at the exhibition “the First wooden sanctuary”. It will run from 8 August to 18 October at pavilion No. 67 at ENEA.
the exhibition will present original objects of folk architectural woodcarving XVI–XIX centuries and monuments of wooden architecture located on the territory of the Museum-reserve “Kolomenskoye”. Admission is free, registration is not required. The project is organized by ENEA in cooperation with the Moscow state United Museum-reserve.
the Exhibition includes. The exposition consists of objects of national architectural carving of the XVI–XIX centuries: structural elements and decoration of the peasant huts of the village of the Kolomna, and villages of the Volga region and Northern territories of Russia.
the centrepiece of the first section, the carved pediment of the building of the Nizhny Novgorod region, preserved since 1870. It is an example of skilful Russian carpenters, and woodcarvers. Its design elements are decorated with artistic carvings with vegetal motifs in the middle is the image of the sun.
the Second section talks about the old Russian fortification architecture. Guests will see the carved fragments of fortifications of the XVII century, the Angara and the Russian North. The exhibition presents photographs and drawings of the Mokhovaya tower of the Sumy jail and Travel the tower of Nikolo-karelskogo of the monastery brought and installed in Kolomenskoye in the early 1930-ies.
the Interactive area of the third section introduces the measures of length and methods of measuring used in construction in the old days. The fourth section is devoted to the history of the Museum-reserve. Here you can learn about the outbuildings of the XVII century — the “Mead brewery” (it’s one of the first monuments in the collection of the “Kolomenskoye”), as well as perevezennya from Arkhangelsk house of Peter I and the Church of St. George the victorious, 1685 buildings.
the Exhibition will run all days except Monday. Time to visit — from 11:00 to 22:00. At the exhibition are temporary rules of visiting: at the same time in the pavilion can be no more than 20 guests. It is necessary to observe security measures and to adhere to social distance.
in Addition to pavilion No. 67, the elements of wooden architecture can be seen at ENEA in the design and other historic buildings. For example, the carved pediment with the image of bouquets of flowers at the main entrance of pavilion No. 30 “the Microbiological industry”, thematic decoration of pavilions No. 467 and 518.
ENEA is a unique public space with 80 years of history. The exhibition brings together 49 sites cultural we��edia, including historical pavilions and fountains. The total area of exhibition — more than 325 acres. In 2019, the exhibition was visited by 33 million people.
This summer, for visitors have prepared three special routes that allow you to plan the walk according to the exhibition taking into account the preferences of the guests and a special guide to the fountains. In addition, the exhibition opened the dance season and began to work the boat station.