START HERE: Learn Apache Kafka 2.0 Ecosystem, Core Concepts, Real World Java Producers/Consumers & Big Data Architecture
What you’ll learn
- Understand Apache Kafka Ecosystem, Architecture, Core Concepts and Operations
Master Concepts such as Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Producers, Consumers
Start a personal Kafka development environment
- Learn major CLIs: kafka-topics, kafka-console-producer, kafka-console-consumer, kafka-consumer-groups, kafka-configs
- Create your Producers and Consumers in Java to interact with Kafka
- Program a Real World Twitter Producer & ElasticSearch Consumer
- Extended APIs Overview (Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams), Case Studies and Big Data Architecture
- Practice and Understand Log Compaction
- A recent Windows / Mac / Linux machine with minimum 4GB of RAM, 5 GB of disk space
- Some understanding of Java Programming
- Good to have knowledge about Linux command line
- Desire to learn something awesome and new!
UPDATE SEPTEMBER 2018: Course newly recorded with Kafka 2.0!
Welcome to the Apache Kafka Series! Join a community of 20,000+ students learning Kafka.
Apache Kafka has become the leading distributed data streaming enterprise big data technology. Kafka is used in production by over 33% of the Fortune 500 companies such as Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, Walmart and LinkedIn.
To learn Kafka easily, step-by-step, you have come to the right place! No prior Kafka knowledge is required
If you look at the documentation, you can see that Apache Kafka is not easy to learn…
Thanks to my several years of experience in Kafka and Big Data, I wanted to make learning Kafka accessible to everyone.
We’ll take a step-by-step approach to learn all the fundamentals of Apache Kafka.
At the end of this course, you’ll be productive and you’ll know the following:
- The Apache Kafka Ecosystem Architecture
- The Kafka Core Concepts: Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Replicas, Producers, Consumers, and more!
- Launch your own Kafka cluster in no time using native Kafka binaries – Windows / MacOS X / Linux
- Learn and Practice using the Kafka Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Code Producer and Consumers using the Java API
- Real world project using Twitter as a source of data for a producer and ElasticSearch as a sink for our consumer
- Overview of Advanced APIs (Kafka Connect, Kafka Streams)
- Real World Case Studies and Big Use cases
- Overview of Advanced Kafka for Administrators
- Advanced Topic Configurations
- Annexes (starting a Kafka cluster locally, using Docker, etc…)
Note: The hands-on section is based on Java, which is the native Kafka programming language. But, good news! Your learning in Java will be completely applicable to other programming languages, such as Python, C#, Node.js or Scala, and Big Data frameworks such as Spark, NiFi or Akka
The Kafka for Beginners course is the best place to start your Kafka learning journey… Ask other students!
- ★★★★★ “That’s one of the most high-quality on-line courses I ever took” – Paul L.
- ★★★★★ “This training was awesome and learnt many things about KAFKA though having 0 years of experience in this technology” – Puneet G.
- ★★★★★ “Outstanding on all fronts! I wish all courses were that well presented. I especially appreciate the hands-on sections. I was able to get everything up and running with ease. Highly recommend this course and this instructor!” – David G.
You can take this course risk-free and if you don’t like it, you can get a refund anytime in the first 30 days!
Stephane Maarek is the instructor of this course. He is a Kafka Expert, guest author on the Confluent Blog and Speaker at the Kafka Summit SF 2018. He’s the author of the highly-rated Apache Kafka Series on Udemy, having taught already to 40,000+ students and received 12,000+ reviews.
He shares all his Kafka knowledge on the platform, taking the time to explain every concept and provide students with both theoretical and practical dimensions. You are in good hands!
This Course Also Comes With:
✔ Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
✔ A responsive instructor in the Q&A Section
✔ Links to interesting articles, and lots of good code to base your next applications onto
✔ Udemy Certificate of Completion Ready for Download
This is the course that could improve your career!
Apache Kafka is a skill in high demand and there are not enough people to fulfil all the open positions. You can boost your income, take on new roles and fun challenges. Many of my students are now the Kafka experts of their companies!
I hope to see you inside the course!
Note: Looking for more advanced Kafka concepts? There are many volumes in the Apache Kafka Series:
- Learn Kafka for Beginners v2 (this course – great to start)
- Kafka Connect Hands On Learning
- Kafka Streams for Data Processing
- Kafka Cluster Setup & Administration
- Confluent Schema Registry & Kafka REST Proxy
- Kafka Security (SSL SASL ACL)
- Kafka Monitoring and Operations
- Developers who want to learn the Apache Kafka Fundamentals, start a cluster and write their first application
- Architects who want to understand how Apache Kafka fits into their solution architecture
- Anyone looking to learn the full theory of how Apache Kafka works as a distributed system
Created by Stephane Maarek | AWS Certified Developer
Last updated 2/2019
Size: 3.10 GB