Many hope that it can be played on tennistouren later in the year. But the hope can be turned off, reads it.
the Risk is present, to the last ball in the toptennis in 2020 have already been beaten.
It says Richard Lewis, director of the All England Lawn Tennis Club, which is the organizer of the grand slam tournament Wimbledon, which this week was cancelled due to the coronavirus.
Wimbledon should be settled at the end of June to mid-July. With the cancellation of the historic tournament, large parts of the grussæsonen and the whole græssæsonen now officially removed from the tenniskalenderen.
Lewis remain hopeful, however, that the late summer and autumn hard court season is played.
But it is not safe, he says.
– My inner optimist – and I’m not often optimistic hope, still, to the american hard court season takes place, says Lewis, according to news agency Reuters.
– You can hope that things have taken a little more quiet level, and that the big tournaments in Montreal, Toronto and History can take place up to the US Open (which begins 24. august, ed.). But we all know that it all probably is very fragile for the time.
– I do not think that is unrealistic to say that there will be more tennis in the year. But let us hope that the Roland Garros and the US Open can take place.
the French Open has already been chosen on the controversial show to move themselves from may to september.
the Problem is that the US Open, the next grand slam tournament in the calendar after Wimbledon, just ending a week before the French Open begins.
The two in tennissammenhænge aging top players, 38-year-old Roger Federer and Serena Williams, have both expressed disappointment at not being able to play Wimbledon this year.
But Lewis hopes to see them at Wimbledon in 2021.
The former australian doublespiller and now ekspertkommentator Todd Woodbridge believes that aflysningerne have damaged the Federers potential to add a ninth Wimbledon title for the cv.
– the smaller The combat training one gets in the age, the harder it is to come back, says Woodbridge according to the news agency AAP on the legend that already in coronapandemien had cancelled its grussæson because of injuries.
– I really think that, after 2020, will see a new era of players who are trying to create records, because it will mark a break compared to a strong period in tennis.
– It may have stopped the possibility that Federer wins one or two more.