Jan Andersson feel a great emptiness under coronakrisen, where Sweden should have played two EM-test matches.
Sweden’s national coach may be named Jan Andersson in the next several years.
The 57-year-old football coach is so happy with his work, that he is open to being in the job for life.
the Contract with the Swedish Football association expires after the WORLD cup in 2022. For the time he will have been in landstrænersædet in more than six years after he took over after Erik Hamrén in 2016.
– I have a job that I thrive in a great place, and I see it not end. Maybe we can extend.
– It is not a foreign thought for me to be coach for life, says Jan Andersson, to the newspaper Dagens Nyheter.
the national coach, who called Janne Andersson in the Swedish, like many others affected by the immediate coronakrise.
This summer he should have ruled Sweden at the european championships, but it has been deferred to 2021.
In march, was scheduled for two EM test matches against Russia and Cyprus. They were canceled because of the coronapandemien.
– I had prepared so much for the first session before the european championship, and so it is that the air has gone out.
– It is not that I have it bad, and you can’t compare it with the disease, but I have my ups-and-downs because of this enormous emptiness, he says.
Jan Andersson can’t work out with the Swedish players, then he and the rest of the coaching staff the time to create instructional materials, as they can show the players, when they are seen next time.
– We have 11 clips with fantastic good examples of how we come to terminations in different ways.
– the Variation in our attacking has evolved over the year. There is a breadth in what we are doing, which makes me happy, when I sit and look at it, he says.
Jan andersson’s leadership, Sweden has qualified for both the WORLD cup in 2018 and the upcoming european championship finals.
On the road to the WORLD cup in Russia two years ago beat the swedes in the playoffrunden over the two matches Italy, which meant that the tournament was without the participation of the Italian star players.