As reported by the “Food Warning” portal, it was found that dried figs from the “Simply Sunny” brand were contaminated with ochratoxin A. The toxin, also known as storage mold, is a health hazard. Therefore, the figs should not be eaten and not stored openly. The product “Simply Sunny, dried figs, 400 g” from Eurogroup Deutschland GmbH, Langenfeld, was sold at Penny.
Ochratoxin A is a mold toxin that is formed by plants or can occur when agricultural products are handled incorrectly. This can happen during harvesting, drying, further processing, storage and transport of the food. It can pose a health hazard if consumed or inhaled.
The following batch of Simply Sunny figs are affected by the recall:
According to the manufacturer, other batches are not affected and can be consumed without hesitation. The goods were sold in Penny markets in Bavaria, Berlin, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia, Saxony and Schleswig-Holstein.
Customers can return the product in the respective store and get a refund of the purchase price, even without presenting the receipt.
The original of this article “Simply Sunny figs from Penny loaded with mold” comes from chip.de.