This article is over two days old and may contain outdated advice from the authorities regarding the koronasmitten.
Keep yourself updated in The overview, or through the FHIs website.
The economic consequences koronaviruset will get for the community are highly uncertain. But the automotive sector is among those that now know how serious the situation is.
Admittedly, we are a small country in an industry that pays around 14 million people only in Europe. But in Norway is still of 40,000 jobs and an annual turnover of 250 billion related to the automotive sector.
And stillstanden in the economy makes that Bilimportørenes Association paints a grim picture of the situation.
Nybilsalget located on approx. 30-40 per cent of the normal. Bruktbilsalget is somewhat better, but is also down significantly. Service and verkstedmarkedet located on the 60-70 percent of normal and falls daily.
the Consequences are now that the vast majority of bilimportørene has notified permitteringer – and most have also completed it, according to managing director Erik Andresen.
– Now we see that the turnover is decreasing from day to day. It is bad on the day, and the pinch on all sides, he says to NRK.
Erik Andersen in Bilimportørenes Association requesting action from the government to salvage the automotive sector.
Photo: Bilimportørens association
In the long term, they fear that increasing unemployment and an economic downturn will reduce the bilsalget powerful throughout 2020. Therefore bilimportørene now sent a letter to finance minister Jan Tore Sanner (H) and requested that a number of specific measures are implemented to save the industry.
Read also: – The financial consequences can be dramatic.
to Shut factories
But the industry is under guns from several quarters. In addition to the fact that customers are restrained, a record-high price of the euro lead to a higher share – and nybilpriser for Norwegian consumers. On top of this, most car manufacturers in the world chosen to shut down or sharply reduce production in order to limit the koronasmitten.
No one knows when production might go for the full again, and this will probably lead to a delay in the delivery to the customer.
– Whether to order a new car from the factory now, it can be difficult to say when it is produced. You don’t know about the factories being closed a long time, and it depends on which country they are located in. It is difficult to answer today, ” says Andresen.
He also believes that a price increase is very likely due to eurokursen.
– It is located far above the levels we saw for only a half year ago, so bilselgerne have enough a great need to bring this in kalkylen. Then there will be some pretty strong price increases, I would think, ” says Andresen.
price Increase and delay in delivery – in addition to that many customers have less money to spend – will also be able to lead to that many want to cancel the already signed contracts.
– It can happen, but one can then attempted to find sensible solutions, as betalingsutsettelser, so that you retain the customer.
Norwegian Automobile Federation (NAF) has prepared this guide for what are your rights as a customer if the car you booked is delayed or more expensive in price. Model contract says that the seller can increase the price by up to 6 percent without that you, as a customer, have the right to terminate the agreement – unless there is an agreed delivery time of over a half a year.
also Read: Feared pandemic more than nuclear accidents and terrorist attacks Permitteringer
Norway’s largest bilkonsern, Mills, Mobility Group, has now chosen to lay off 750 employees. Also in the Importer Bertel O. Steen (taking into personbilmerkene Mercedes-Benz, Kia, Peugeot, Citroën, DS and Opel) is permitteringer implemented.
– We have relatively well with the mission of most of the workshops, while we notice a decrease of nybilsalg after koronatiltakene was introduced, writes communications director Anders Rikter in Bertel O. Steen in an e-mail to NRK.
He writes that it is too early to say if there will be price adjustments.
– the Situation is the fact that more car manufacturers in Europe have introduced a temporary pause in production at its factories. What consequences this will have for the delivery time depends on how long produksjonsstansen turns out to be.
Bertel O. Steen has received many forhåndsordrer for the year 2020 electric vehicle models such as Mercedes-Benz EQC, the Peugeot e-208 and e-2008, as well as the Kia e-Niro.
– Fear you that clients only cancel if the delivery is postponed and rates be increased?
– We have been in dialogue with the very many of the customers who have booked car and almost all confirm that they still have the car. Some cancellations have also been. At the same time, it is clear that if this crisis is prolonged and worse than it is today, then we risk that the number of cancellations might increase if people are given the weakened economy.
Also Norway’s Bilbransjeforbund, which represents those who sell and repair cars, tells of the harsh conditions.
– It is superalvorlig, and it is extremely demanding times, like most of the in business brands, ” says communications manager Egil Steinsland.
– We are totally dependent on customers. And if customers do not come, we are not able to pay salaries. Almost all of our members have sent permitteringsvarsler and are ready to press the button quickly. 10-15 percent is already laid off, and we assume that it rises very quickly whether or not something happens,
He asks people to continue to take their car service and repair shop, or buy used or new cars.
– Those who have the opportunity must be in a joint effort to ensure that as many people as possible can keep their work. It applies not only to us, it applies to the use of carpenters and plumbers, ” says Steinsland.
Read also: Fear the sudden stop in the construction industry More about koronaviruset OversiktSiste nyttSpørsmålNyhetsbrev