This article is over two days old and may contain outdated advice from the authorities regarding the koronasmitten.
Keep yourself updated in The overview, or through the FHIs website.
Still, there are many unanswered questions around the new koronaviruset, and researchers around the world are working frantically to find the answers.
How is acting the virus in our body? How does it affect the immune system of our? Why are some very sick, while others do not?
The huge pressure on scientists all over the world do that many now are concerned about hamstringen of the key ingredients needed to keep the tests in time.
– The last week we have noticed that there is a huge demand in the market for reagents, the tools that we need to actually be able to detect whether you are infected or not, or whether you have formed immunity, says molekylærbiolog and research director Jan Terje Andersen, Oslo university hospital, and adds:
– There may be proteins that this koronaviruset consists of, and which can be made with the so-called biotechnological methods and be purchased commercially. Many of these proteins are now simply sold out.
READ ALSO: Norwegian research: – This can be the difference between life and death for the individual Has launched its own production
Jan Terje Andersen, Oslo university hospital leads a work by testing antibodies in blood samples on a large scale. Now, he and his colleagues started the work to make themselves self-sufficient with the forskningsverktøyene they need.
Photo: Øystein H. Horgmo / © Ywam/Øystein H. Horgmo
to illustrate how precarious the defect now is in the research, will Andersen with an example from Sweden.
Where chartered Karolinska institutet and Wallenbergstiftelserna along a plane and went to China to fetch reagents for 50 million. So that Sweden can double capacity, ” he says.
In the laboratory of department of immunology and transfusjonsmedisin leader Andersen work with stortesting of antibodies in blood tests, which can show how many who are healthy and immune to koronaviruset.
Where have they put in the time own hasteproduksjon of the ingredients and equipment needed.
– We have established a høysensitivtest in our own lab based on the knowledge we have. It will do that we also will largely be self-sufficient with the forskningsverktøyene we need to conduct this test in a large scale, ” he says.
ALSO READ: Here shall they gather blood from healthy koronapasienter READ ALSO: New discovery raises doubts about korona-immunity High: – International mangelsituasjon
ceo Hanne Mette Dyrlie Kristensen in the organization, The Life Science cluster tells us that testkapasiteten now escalating in a way that has never been done before – at the same time all over the world. The organization has 80 members within helseindustri, biotechnology, agriculture and research
– The researcher and develops solutions for the community within these areas with the same methods, ” says Kristensen.
health minister Bent High, says the government helps, but research also need to be extra creative in the time ahead.
Photo: Ole Berg-Rusten / Ole Berg-Rusten
She has a belief that many of the bottlenecks can be solved in new and unusual ways, and that many of the companies will be able to contribute.
– Here is the opportunity to help you with everything from the production of ingredients that are going into testsystemene to the specific knowledge required to solve problems, ” she says.
health minister Bent Tall (H) says in Nyhetsmorgen on NRK on Tuesday that the government helps to increase the testkapasiteten and secure access on the researchers need. But he adds that Norway is dependent on the research environment in the country now find new methods to solve the problem.
– This is an international mangelsituasjon and then we have a need for new ways, for example, to test on. We not only need to increase the testkapasiteten for research, but also to have control on the spread of the virus in the community. This is a big job that is in progress now, ” says Tall.
More about koronaviruset StatusRåd and infoØkonomiSpør NRK