This article is over two days old and may contain outdated advice from the authorities regarding the koronasmitten.
Keep yourself updated in The overview, or through the FHIs website.
As a result of korona-the pandemic is, many of the older isolated, and may not receive visits from their nearest and dearest. Now several municipalities, which sometimes Sømna municipality in the Helgeland region, ensured that the internet is the solution.
Arnt Ragnar Arntsen and a daughter, Oda brings up the ipad and start a conversation with grandma.
So can the three communicate and keep each other updated on the next time.
– Good day, good day, ” says the grandmother through the ipad.
the Grandmother lives on a eldrehjem in Sømna, and can not have the visit of your family in these days.
The three are agreed that the measure that the municipality now has done is fantastic.
– It is not entirely the same to have a digital conversation. But it is a very good substitute. It does good for the psyche for the elderly, for the children and for us, ” says Arntsen.
Arnt Ragnar Arntsen, the daughter of Oda and grandmother keeps in touch via FaceTime these days.
Photo: Ole Christian Olsen / NRK
– It is not the only virus we shall fit us for. We must fit on your head and psyche as well, and we have to stick together, ” says Arntsen.
An action they want to continue with
At the nursing home in Sømna where the grandmother lives is set by the two time of day where family and friends can call. On the way avlastes also the carer in the intervals there is much to do.
It is simple, but important steps that the municipality now has done, believe Arntsen.
There is also the mayor of the municipality, His Gunnar Holand, agree.
We may immediately think of what that could do to improve the situation we are in, especially for the elderly.
According to him, there was also not much training required to get this to work.
the Mayor of Sømna kommune, His Gunnar Holand, together with the division for the care, Guro Knygh
Photo: Ole Christian Olsen / NRK
– part technical have to, among the things we had set up multiple wireless transmitters, ” says Holand.
Further applaud the mayor the collaboration between health services, IT department and others who worked on this should get in the goals.
Division of nursing and care in the municipality, Guro Knygh, says that the feedback has been solely positive.
– Both the families and the users themselves have given good feedback on this. This is an initiative that we will continue, also after the korona-the pandemic is over, says Knygh.
– Away with your wedding ring and the watch Hope more do the same
Arntsen think there are thousands of patients that sit isolated and alone in these days. Now he hopes that more municipalities do as Sømna.
I hope that the Prime minister gets this, and put in some money in the pot to the creation of the tablets in nursing homes and institutions around the country.
He also believes that the measures have required few resources.
– It requires a bit of time for health staff and others, but we have to just take our time. My experience is that the older ones learn this quickly. They should not be IT engineers, they should learn to press two buttons, quit Arntsen.
More about koronaviruset OversiktSiste nyttSpørsmålNyhetsbrev