WASHINGTON, April 23 – RIA Novosti. U.S. Secretary of state Mike Pompeo does not exclude that Washington will never restore suspended by the administration trump’s funding of the world health organization (who), he stated this on Thursday in an interview with Fox News channel.
Earlier in April, the President of the United States Donald trump announced the suspension of financing for who. The administration accuses the trump organization are not rapidly responding to an outbreak of coronavirus COVID-19.
“I Think so, and moreover, it so happens that the United States will never again send American taxpayers’ money to who. I may have to take even more decisive step than that,” said U.S. Secretary of state, responding to a question about whether he considers necessary change of the head of the organization.
“I Think we should seriously deal with the who … the organization has gone through a reform in 2007, so this is not the first time we see problems in the organization, a member of the UN. We need to fix it, the necessary structural reform of the who,” said Pompeo. He has not commented on the leading word that the United States should create their own similar organizations.
the world health organization on 11 March announced the outbreak of a new coronavirus infection COVID-19 pandemic. According to the latest world health organization, worldwide there were more than 2.47 million infections, more than 169 thousand people died.
the Latest data on the situation of COVID-19 in Russia and the world presented on the portal stopmanager.of the Russian Federation.