the Y-block in the government district in Oslo city centre, was first adopted demolished in 2014, but the decision has been challenged several times.
In February gave the Municipal and moderniseringsdepartementet Statsbygg allowed to start rivingsarbeidet by the block, despite the fact that it had been notified a lawsuit against the demolition.
Thursday and Friday meetings Norske arkitekters association and Fortidsminneforeningen state in the Oslo district court, where a judge will determine whether they get the temporary injunction, meaning that the Y-block could not be demolished before a certain time. The assertion by the plaintiffs ‘ lawyer, Berit Reiss-Andersen, was on Thursday that the building should be to the main hearing, i.e. the trial, was conducted in the first instance.
– It is urgent to get the injunction because the person has started rivingsarbeidene, if you don’t get it now, so will the building be demolished before courts have been said, believes Reiss-Andersen.
Statsbygg has put up the fence around the Y-block, but the director of communications, Hege Njaa Aschim says that they haven’t made irreversible changes on the building.
Lawyer Berit Reiss-Andersen in Oslo district court in the matter of temporary injunction for the y-block.
Photo: Vidar Ruud / NTB scanpix
Thursday kept Reiss-Andersen his post, where she among other things said that there is also a legal framework for political decision, which sets the framework for what the politicians may decide.
– It is precisely the legal framework we invite the court today to consider, whether this process is in accordance with the law or not, she said.
See the private photos: So it appears inside the Y-block is now the State believes the resolutions are valid
In her post, she used the including time that the block was almost protected before the attack 22. July 2011, that several professionals, such as the directorate for cultural heritage, has been critical to the demolition of the building, and that they believe it is done in the case of procedural error in the process.
Before the trial started explained Reiss-Andersen that the plaintiffs, in addition, believes the demolition is in violation of international obligations, and that klimaavtrykket by demolition are explored.
the Ministry has previously concluded that the international conventions do not impose a duty to protect the block.
In February, gathered many ahead of the Y-block to look at protestkonserten against the demolition.
Photo: Ole Berg-rusten / NTB scanpix
Andreas Hjetland, attorney at Regjeringsadvokatene, will be careful to forhåndsprosedere the case in the media.
– When it is said, mean the state in this case that the decisions that are made are valid, and that there is no legal impediment to demolish the Y-block, ” he says.
Hjetland shows that it has been a long process, where those who wanted have had a chance to say their opinion.
the Lawyer said in his post Thursday that the demolition of the y block will involve a loss for Norway, but that one has made a choice.
– Man has time and again been hearing objections from the professionals and interest groups. We have over many years heard arguments to let the block stand, but then one has made a choice, ” said the lawyer.
Lawyer Andreas Hjetland in the Oslo district court for a temporary injunction for the Y-block.
Photo: Vidar Ruud / NTB scanpix
In his post he said also that the state believes the impact assessment has been adequate, and that the conventions, as the plaintiffs point out can’t be interpreted that the y-block should be protected.
– Will have a large impact
the Consequences of an injunction will delay the project with a new regjeringskvartal, according to the lawyer.
– It will have major ripple effects in the project in the form of large, increased costs, the other work that must be put on hold or adapted, ” he says.
Municipal and moderniseringsminister Nikolai Astrup writes in an e-mail that the process with the new government quarter has been a long and thoroughly with the trade-offs between important values for the design of the quarter.
Municipal and moderniseringsminister Nikolai Astrup think it is positive that the district court quickly treat the question whether the injunction of the Y-block.
Photo: Håkon Mosvold Larsen / NTB scanpix
– I think it is positive that the district court quickly get treated the question of temporary injunction, he writes.
– If the district court gives the state upheld, we will be able to maintain momentum and avoid large delays and significant costs for taxpayers, he adds.
New regjeringskvartal: , Statsbygg has used nearly eight billion of the government headquarters Impossible to estimate the possible additional costs
the amount of time this will take depends on the process further, but the first decision is raining Hjetland with comes before easter.
2. march set Statsbygg up fences around the Y-block.
Photo: Rolf Petter Olaisen / NRK
Hege Njaa Aschim, director of communications at Statsbygg, says that it is not possible to say anything about the cost of a possible injunction.
– it Should go to the fall or longer, it is impossible to say what the additional costs will be, ” she says.
In January, the enlightened Statsbygg that if the demolition had not come in time in april so would the delays cost 30-50 million per month.
the Demolition of the Y-block is estimated to cost 59 million. Then shall the works of art by Carl Nesjar and Pablo Picasso on the endeveggen and in the foyer to be taken down and preserved.