Providers home Internet for three months the experiment Affordable Internet in which provide free access to socially significant sites fell short of 190-220 million worth of sales, estimated in the Commission of the Russian Union of Industrialists and entrepreneurs (RSPP). When extending the experiment to mobile operators lost revenue is estimated to be of the business, from 110 billion to 160 billion rubles. annually. In the Ministry of communications indicate that during the first two months the service was used by only about 500 thousand subscribers home Internet from more than 33 million Shortfall the revenue of the operators involved in the experiment of the Ministry of communications Affordable Internet to provide free access in the networks of home Internet to the list of socially important resources, from April to June amounted to 191.6–220,2 million rubles. depending on the access speed, it follows from estimates of the working group at RSPP Commission for communications and IT (there is a “b”). The additional costs of each participant of the experiment on the acquisition and installation of equipment ranged from 30 million to 100 million rubles., and for service and support — from 5 million to 20 million rubles, follows from the data of the working group.Evaluations were conducted based on the data of MTS (including MGTS), “ER-Telecom”, “VimpelCom” and Netbynet (child provider “MegaFon”), told “Kommersant” a source in one of the companies and confirmed a member of the working group. According to him, after approval by the Commission of evaluation will be sent to the Ministry of communications and the presidential administration.A pilot project to provide free access to socially significant resources held on behalf of the President dated 15 January, he started in April, and on 30 June the Minister of communications Maksut Shadaev announced its extension until 31 December. In the experiment, the citizens having, at the time of the beginning of the current contract with the provider of home Internet, I can access the sites from a special list, even after it ceased to pay. In addition to these operators in the experiment also involved “Rostelecom”. The representative of “Rostelecom” noted that the objective of the company was to participate in the experiment, and management, monitoring and insights — the prerogative of the Ministry. In the rest of the operators declined to comment. Total loss and costs of fixed-line operators can reach about RUB 6.8 billion in the first year available of the Internet and then RUB 5.5 billion annually, the working group stated.When connected to the mobile communication lost revenue market will reach not less than 110 billion rubles per year, according to experts of the Commission of the RSPP. They had previously estimated losses of operators and Internet companies from the project is 150 billion rubles a year (see “Kommersant” on February 11). The economy Ministry, after consultations with operators estimated a revenue shortfall under proposed reg��iravani 160 billion rubles per year, according to the opinion of the Ministry on the draft law of the Ministry of communications (there is a “b”).The Union also criticized the list of socially significant sites. The working group found that more than 80% of the 391 resource, a source approved by the Ministry of communications to experiment, there is streaming video, most of which is loaded with foreign resources: “Thus, the Russian Telecom operators actually will sponsor foreign content producers”.According to the head of Content Review Sergey Polovnikova, evaluation of the working group are true. “But the main problem not only in financial losses, and that the requirements could be tightened in the future from providers already require overall access to communication lines without timely monthly fees,” he says.According to the Ministry of communications, users of free Internet is still a relatively low over the first two months they took just 500 thousand subscribers (according to “TMT Consulting” to the end of 2019 in Russia was of 33.4 million subscribers of broadband Internet access in the private sector). In Ministry of communications consider that the service is in demand, but “the huge volume of free traffic” no. “The fears of operators that subscribers will massively choose social access, did not materialize,”— said on 30 June Maksut Shadaev.The Ministry of communications has reduced the site list “Available online”, eliminating more than 20 services dedicated to health and medicine, and adding education resources and websites of government agencies (see “Kommersant” on 19 June). The holdings VGTRK (“Russia 1” “Russia 24”, etc.) and “Gazprom-media” (TNT, NTV, “Friday!”, etc.) has introduced a lightweight version of the television without a video, but the sites First channel, STS, Domashniy, REN TV, “Fifth”, “Savior”, “Muz-TV” and “360” in the new list is presented in full versions.Julia Silence
Austin Weather Forecast
30.9 ° C
Latest News & Headlines
After the wedding at the end of 2020, Lena Meyer-Landrut and Mark Forster apparently want to let it rip again. A celebration in Italy...