Prince of Monaco albert II
World Economic Forum/Sandra Blaser / Flickr the world health organization March 11, declared a pandemic outbreak of coronavirus infection COVID-19, which spread from China. According to the latest data, worldwide, has infected about 220 thousand, almost nine thousand of them died
NIAID / Flickr
the Prince of Monaco albert II was infected by a new coronavirus, but his condition was not serious, said the Prince’s office. He became the first head of state, who confirmed the disease COVID-19. Only in a country with a population of about 40 thousand people is less than a dozen infections.
“His Royal Highness the Prince of Monaco albert II who have passed in the beginning of the week is positive at COVID-19. His condition does not cause any concern”, – stated in the document, which cites RIA “Novosti”.
it is Noted that for the health of the Prince watching the doctor. Albert II contAET to work from his office, he is in constant contact with government members and close associates, declared in the Palace.
“His Lordship is asking the people of Monaco to comply with measures to restrict movements and to minimize contacts. Only strict adherence rules allows to delay the spread of the coronavirus,” reads the communique.
Princely Palace will continue to publish information about the health of 62-year-old monarch.
Previously, infection was suspected also the President of Brazil Jaira Bolsonaro (the disease was confirmed at his press Secretary), but re-tests were negative. Among the high-ranking world politicians SARS-CoV-2 March 19, also found in the chief negotiator of the EU Brexit Michel Barnier, says “Novaya Gazeta”.
Previously coronavirus also infected the Minister of internal Affairs of Australia, Peter Dutton, the Minister of culture of France Frank Rister, wife of the Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau and a number of Iranian officials (several Vice-presidents and members of Parliament, head of the national Olympic Committee, Advisor to Ayatollah Khamenei, Deputy Minister of health and others).
the world health organization March 11, declared a pandemic outbreak of coronavirus infection COVID-19, which spread from China. According to the latest data, worldwide, has infected about 220 thousand, almost nine thousand of them died.