The harassment allegations, under pressure, troubled Opera star Plácido Domingo has now also resigned his post as General Director of the Opera of Los Angeles low “Recent allegations brought against me in the press, have created an atmosphere in which my ability has been compromised to serve this company that I love so much,” said the 78-Year-old on Wednesday his resignation in a statement.

He struggles to his reputation, stated Domingo. Meanwhile, he thought it Best if he resigns as General Director of Los Angeles Opera, and his scheduled appearances cancelled. This decision he had taken “a heavy heart”, said the Spaniard, and I wish the Opera house, and his Ensemble continued success.

Opera leave Domingo before

The Opera of LA thanked in a statement, Domingo, who had led the house since 2003, and paid tribute to his “unprecedented and downs,” contribution to the cultural life of the American metropolis. Because of the abuse allegations against Domingo, the Opera house was entrusted to a lawyer with an investigation of the allegations and the musician on leave of absence.

about one week Ago, Domingo had already canceled all of its performances at the Metropolitan Opera in New York. The next day he had to actually be in a new, already-sold-out production of the Opera “Macbeth” by Giuseppe Verdi on the stage. Previously performances by the Spaniard, in Philadelphia and San Francisco had been cancelled. (SDA)