Perhaps that is why the Russian government plans to create a Federal center for planning and the organization of medicinal maintenance of citizens.
As reported by industry media, the centre will procure medicines for the national project “Health”, Federal projects and programs, orphan patients, etc.
In fact, we are talking about the restoration of a centralized system of procurement of medicines, which can significantly save the total health budget and prevent disruptions in supply of medicines, and to form a reserve of drugs, which according to the existing mechanism of procurement is almost impossible.
in addition, the purchases require the tens of thousands of trades of different levels that spent a lot of money. Besides, they are not always effective auctions often break, causing interruptions in the supply of medicines.
At the request of “RG” about the veracity of this information, the Ministry of health of the Russian Federation said that the issue is being worked on, comment on it prematurely. But information about the alleged creation of the center confirmed the Association of Russian pharmaceutical manufacturers (ARPM).
– As the experience of the pandemic, the current aggressive market system in emergencies is not optimal, – said “RG” Director General of the Association of Victor Dmitriev. The business thinks that it is more profitable, not that we need healthcare at the moment and at what price. Centralized systems have existed in the past, and we need to take the best from their experience.
In what legal form would exist for planning center?
– as far As I know, we are talking about a Federal state-owned institution, said Victor Dmitriev. And it is justified because its aim is not to make a profit, and to create normal conditions for the supply of medicines. With the main emphasis should be on locally produced goods, because the pandemic has shown that in such situations the borders are closed. And no matter how good the contracts with foreign suppliers was not get or delayed deliveries, or may not receive drugs.
– the decision to move to a centralized purchasing has many advantages, – the Director of the Institute of health Economics, national research UNIVERSITY “Higher school of Economics” Larisa Popovich. – Increasing the volume of procurement enhances the negotiating position of the taxpayer and allows him to negotiate better terms of delivery. In this relationship you can throw a unclaimed balances from one region to another, that is, solved the problem of interregional fiscal relations, which is also very important. In addition, the increase in contract volume may lead to lower prices, as suppliers will be able more sureawn to plan their production and delivery. Maybe it will complicate the work of the Federal center, but many problems will solve more flexibly and optimally.
– This decision is ripe, it can provide medicinal safety of Russia, – considers the Deputy, member of state Duma Committee on health, Alexander Petrov. Without centralized management of procurement of drugs we’re going to be much weaker in the struggle against new challenges. This system should be flexible, dynamic, and have the authority to make decisions. There was a time when it was impossible – not enough financial resources. Today they are, but they need to be used very efficiently. Nothing more rational than the maximum bulk purchases of drugs, no. In addition, in recent years, we have matured, and now in the framework of the outline of a Digital it can do it.
Which may hinder the creation of a single Central purchasing medications?
I see the downside is that the center is planned as a state establishment, – says Victor Dmitriev. In those state institutions, which I know, is an issue of employees ‘ wages, it is small. If this enterprise is self-supporting, that there is a profit, and possible a normal level of wages. But if this issue will be resolved, the scheme needs to earn effectively. I think that the business just can help it.
experts see the organization and as a first step towards the creation of a single regulator in the field of drug treatment.
– We want to harmonize our national the rules of circulation of medicines with international, want mutual recognition of registration of drugs, not to spend on their checking even for 2-3 years – it’s lost the life and the health of our citizens, – said Alexander Petrov. But Western partners, we say: show me with whom you need to talk? And we have a circulation of medicines doing five offices, and all negotiations immediately on this end. The creation of a single procurement hub could be the first step towards the creation of a single regulator.
– We needed this talk a long time, confirms and Victor Dmitriev. – Now the solution of many problems often depends on the differences between the departments. Working Commission on the regulatory guillotine, we often face interdepartmental conflicts, and often is not the case, but only departmental ambitions. Because of this, the effectiveness of the falls.
– the System of procurement of drugs at the Federal level has proven effective. This applies to drugs included in the program high-cost diseases and orphan – like Executive Director, Union of professional pharmaceutical organizations (SPFO) Liliya Titova. Such purchases not only allow more efficient use of having��I have the financial resources, but also to promptly respond to the situation with stock-outs or excess inventory. The creation of a Federal state institution is, in fact, a return to the system, when the normative issues were concentrated in the Ministry of health of Russia. The situation with coronavirus showed that the necessary structure in which emergencies will be able to centralize purchasing and supply medicines from a specified list. As a professional Association, we hope that the new office will focus on long-term forecasting needs not only in a limited range of purchased at present medications, but also over a wide range. This job is extremely in demand as importers and domestic enterprises, including developing the production of substances.