TEHRAN, may 4 – RIA Novosti. Tehran is opposed to the question of the extension of the arms embargo against Iran was raised in the UN security Council, said the official representative of the Ministry of foreign Affairs of Iran Abbas Mousavi.
Earlier, Russian Deputy foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said RIA Novosti that the current special regime supply of weapons and military equipment to Iran after a five-year term is due to expire and deviations from this decision can not be. At the same time, Secretary of state Mike Pompeo pointed out that the United States will do everything possible to extend the arms embargo against Iran and prevent Tehran has purchased weapons from Russia or China.
Iran and the six international negotiators in July 2015 have reached a historic agreement on the settlement of the longstanding problem of the Iranian atom. Months of negotiations concluded with the adoption of a joint comprehensive plan of action (SVPD), which is completely removed from Iran’s previously imposed economic and financial sanctions by the UN security Council, US and EU. The agreement in particular provided that the arms embargo will be lifted on Iran within 5 years, the supply of arms possible before, but only with the permission of the UN security Council. The deal in its original form lived for three years: in may 2018, the United States announced its unilateral withdrawal from her and the restoration of tougher sanctions against Tehran.