Protein and meal replacement shakes can be instrumental in fat loss nutrition programs. But the best of them don’t simply serve as an additional source of quality calories. Rather, they work against excess body weight at a more profound level – by helping you control your hunger. IdealShake is one such supplement. Let’s learn more about it below.
Key Facts to Know About IdealShake Meal Replacements
Geared towards losing excess body weight, IdealShake meal replacements aim to help you manage appetite. Unlike many other similar supplements, however, IdealShake meal replacements do this in a flavorful way.
As such, they come in multiple flavors:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter.
- Pumpkin Spice.
- Cookies ‘N Cream.
- Mint Chocolate Chip.
- Chocolate Coconut.
- Key Lime Pie.
In addition to these non-vegan versions, IdealShake is also available for vegans. IdealShake Vegan meal replacements come in these flavors:
- Vanilla Chai.
Depending on the version or the flavor, one portion of IdealShake contains:
- 70 – 130 calories in total.
- 9 – 12 g of protein from complete protein sources.
- 4 – 14 g of carbs, with up to 6 g from dietary fiber and up to 4 g from sugars.
- 1 – 3 g of fat, with up to 1 g of saturated fat and up to 30 mg of cholesterol.
- 11 – 12 vitamins and 7 – 9 minerals.
- Digestive enzymes and dietary fiber.
- 300 mg of hunger-curbing potato protein extract.
By the look of it, IdealShake meal replacements seem to be nourishing. Let’s see what goes into each IdealShake version.
What Do You Get with Non-Vegan IdealShake Versions?
Non-vegan IdealShake meal replacements come with these key ingredient blends:
- IdealShape Protein Blend This blend includes whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and sunflower lecithin, which makes for a decent mix. As whey protein supplies all nine essential amino acids, sunflower lecithin serves as a potent source of choline.
- IdealShape Hunger Blocker Blend Slendesta ® potato protein extract and Vitafiber TM isomalto-oligosaccharide are the two main components making up this blend. Both of these ingredients contribute to a more lasting feeling of satiety, curbing appetite in a natural way.
- IdealShape Vitamin and Mineral Blend With this blend, IdealShake meal replacements double as multivitamin supplements, supplying a range of key vitamins and minerals. Based on the flavor, this micronutrient blend can deliver up to 9 minerals and up to 12 vitamins.
- Digestive Enzyme Blend Utilizing either DigeZyme ® or DigeSEB ® multi-enzyme complex, papain, and bromelain, this blend covers many digestive enzymes. Working together, they help the body make full use of IdealShake meal replacements and support digestion as such.
With these blends, IdealShake meal replacements are a cut above many other similar supplements. Let’s see if this is still the case with vegan IdealShake versions.
How Do Vegan Versions of IdealShake Stand Out?
Vegan versions of IdealShake use these major ingredients:
- Plant-based proteins Pea protein concentrate – a relatively complete plant-based protein – is the main protein source in IdealShake vegan meal replacements. Pumpkin seed protein and watermelon seed protein are the two other complimentary protein sources.
- Potato protein extract Like non-vegan IdealShake meal replacements, vegan versions of the supplement come with Slendesta ® potato protein extract. This hunger-curbing agent helps restrain appetite and sustain satiety for a longer time.
- Vitamin and mineral blend IdealShake vegan meal replacements come packed with 12 vitamins and 6 minerals, accounting for the total of 18 added micronutrients.
As you can tell, vegan IdealShake versions are just as potent as their non-vegan alternatives. Not everything about IdealShake meal replacements is beneficial, though.
Things to Beware of in IdealShake Meal Replacements
These questionable ingredients are present in some IdealShake meal replacements:
- Artificial components Non-vegan versions of IdealShake are both naturally and artificially flavored, which means they use potentially hazardous artificial components. They also use sucralose and acesulfame potassium – harmful artificial sweeteners that act as excitotoxins.
- Allergens Non-vegan IdealShake meal replacements contain milk and soy. They may also be cross-contaminated with gluten, since they come from the facility that processes wheat. Vegan versions of IdealShake are dairy-free but contain soy and may still have traces of gluten.
- No non-GMO claims IdealShake meal replacements don’t show any non-GMO labels. This means that some of their ingredients may come with GMOs and related toxins.
Because they’re potentially harmful, these components are not desirable in meal replacements. Where does this leave us about IdealShake then?
Our Guide’s Conclusion on IdealShake Meal Replacement Shakes
Overall, IdealShake meal replacements seem capable of getting the job done. If you’re after all-natural non-GMO meal replacements, though, IdealShake meal replacements aren’t your best bet. They also don’t suit people allergic to dairy, soy, or gluten.