the restoration of livre (house 25, building 1) — one of the most famous monuments of constructivism in Russia and the world. Architect Moses Ginzburg and Ignatius Milinis built his “pilot house transitional” in 1928-1930 for the workers of people’s Commissariat of Finance of the USSR.
In accordance with the ideology of the device of the Narkomfin building was supposed to unite its residents. In addition to residential housing for 50 families, broken into functional cells of different size, there was a communal building with kitchen, gym, library and communal terrace on the perimeter and public space on the roof.
the Narkomfin Building is one of the first houses built on the basis of a concrete frame. Subsequently, this technology partially emulated by architects and builders of mass housing. Building on Novinsky Boulevard became the first in the capital building, constructed on the legs: its first floor elevated above the ground on concrete piers. Moses Ginsburg believed that the first floors are a poor fit for housing, and the free space under the house will make it beautiful and comfortable, and will keep the area of the Park in the center of which the building was erected.
Since it was built and until recently in the house never held a major overhaul. In April of 2017 began a comprehensive restoration. The building was returned to its historical appearance, while retaining created by Ginzburg and Milinis internal layout.
story of a building: why was the House built Narkotikapolitiska district in detail. “House on chicken legs”, “Space” and three more buildings with history
in addition to the Narkomfin in Moscow, many residential buildings which are of architectural and historical value. Mos.ru tells where in the capital you can see the recumbent skyscraper and round the house, why the building was put on the legs and how did the flat house.
the Narkomfin Building is not the only residential building in Moscow on the legs. In the mid 1960-ies began experimenting with the construction of nine-storey houses, elevated above the ground. From the 1960s to 2011 in the city there are six high-rise buildings, elevated above the ground on reinforced concrete stilts. In Northern latitudes this design was used for protection of permafrost or flooding, but in the capital performed most art functions. Muscovites immediately dubbed the new buildings. The most famous of them — the house 184, building 2, Prospekt Mira and 34 on the street Running.
a 25-storey building on the legs on Mira Avenue built in the style of brutalism by architect Victor Andreev and engineer Tryphon Zaikina. Thanks to the 30 piles, the first floor is elevated on the third level, so even with lower et��Jay offers a great view of ENEA and the surrounding area.
Another interesting decision was the staggered arrangement of the balconies-if you look from below, it seems that the balcony, like steps of a giant staircase, leading up into the sky. In addition, the left and right sides of the balconies converge at an obtuse angle that is complementary to this optical effect.
unlike its counterpart in the prospectus of the World, is indeed a house centipede — the building is 40 poles. Architect Andrew Meyerson raised the building above that is on four floors. The house planned to pay for hotel for the summer Olympics in 1980, however, it placed the employees of the aviation plant “Banner of labor”.
the House is built of the same model panels, and the usual nine, but they are put crossing each other. It seems like the building is covered with scales, which complements the image of the insect. Down his legs narrowed so that they can embrace two people. Because of this, the house feels unstable, however, the support and Foundation of the building is made of reinforced concrete — one of the most durable building materials in the world.
the Entrances are separate from the house and connected with him through the stairwells and Elevator shafts. Stairs hidden in the oval concrete towers with narrow Windows resembling loopholes. Due to the unusual combination of architectural elements the house looks airy and soaring, but at the same time resembles a medieval fortress.
Prefabricated residential complex “Swan” on the banks of the Khimki reservoir (Leningrad highway, house 29-35) once was an elite — most of the apartments there are occupied by representatives of the Soviet nomenklatura, scientists and artists. A few years before the appearance of the project pilots Andrew Meyerson has created a house-complex with facilities — four sixteen-storey building, standing on a common stylobate. Inside the complex housed everything necessary for the Soviet citizen — shops, kindergarten, Laundry and dry cleaning, medical room, library and much more. On the roof of the stylobate you can relax and play sports, and under it was a garage with 300 places. In fact, the “Swan” was a whole neighborhood that fit into the same apartment complex.
the facades of the houses are made of ceramsite concrete panels, the seams between which are emphasized roughly patched. It brings him in the form of mass building in those years, but inside the “Swan” is seriously different from the usual five – and nine-story. Tenants waiting for apartments with high ceilings, spacious kitchens and balconies, large rooms, closets and many others.
a Person passing the complex on the Leningrad highway, I saw an interesting optical effect — four buildings in the complex were merged into a single monolithic wall, razdelili�� on towers of different widths. For the project “Swan” Andrew Meyerson received the Grand Prix of French architecture exhibition.
Another experiment with the Soviet model panels made Soviet architect Evgeni Stamo and engineer Alexander Markelov. Connecting panels at an angle of about six degrees, they designed a circular house with a diameter of 155 meters.
In the capital built two of these homes —. In each of the 26 entries and more than 900 apartments. The courtyards is reminiscent of the city’s parks, hidden behind the nine-storey walls, and is comparable in size to football fields.
Round the house was to become an architectural dominant of the area and provide residents with the necessary infrastructure. On the first floor opened stores, libraries, pharmacies.
Despite the fact that the round houses were not serial, modern architects argue that this project was ahead of its time, and Eugene Stamo and Alexander Markelov has made an enormous contribution to the architectural appearance of the capital.
the Building is located at the address: 2nd Kazachiy lane, 4, building 1, looks like it should stand on the street of the XVIII century. Building in style of classicism was built in 2005 under the project of the modern architect Mikhail Filippov.
a Semicircular structure with massive columns, small balconies and porches framed by a courtyard, typical of Roman Imperial architecture. In the center of the ensemble is located round the lawn, where there are benches and sculptures, resembling the ruins of Ancient Rome in miniature. Despite its newness, the house has already become a landmark.
the house of the nuclear scientists stretches along Bolshaya Tulskaya street at 400 meters, for which he was dubbed the recumbent skyscraper. The building many nicknames, the most popular of which is the house — ship and the Titanic. In 1980-e years the area around it was not built up: then the house looked like a floating sea liner.
the Architect Vladimir Babad built a building for the Ministry of medium machine building, which focused on the nuclear industry. This led to some features of the design: load-bearing walls, girders and beams made of solid concrete, and the thickness of the original glass panes were six millimeters. The facades and the ends of the house angled at 87 and 93 degrees relative to each other, which increases the seismic resistance of the building: according to legend, the house can withstand an earthquake or nuclear explosion.
However, the main feature of the house of atomic scientists its length. Building with nine entrances can accommodate a thousand apartments. The edges of the house, as well as between pairs of entrances made the aisles, framed by columns that residents could get to the opposite side of the house, not avoiding nearly a mile around.
Lacy house on Leningradsky Avenue (building 27) POS��roil in 1940 architects Andrey Burov and Boris Blokhin. This is one of Moscow’s first homes, built by large-block construction method (hereinafter such a method was constructed Khrushchev). In spite of the rich external decoration in the art Deco style, the house was conceived as a purely functional and meant for ordinary citizens. Openwork it was called because of the ornate concrete grids, based on sketches by artist Vladimir Favorsky, and pilasters with floral ornaments that give the house a resemblance to the Italian Palazzo of the Renaissance era. However, even this decor plays a practical role — grid hide the contents of the kitchen and bathroom.
a six-story building is built of monolithic reinforced concrete blocks, which before the war had planned to make the main material for building mass. But later the preference was given to cheaper and easy standard panels, laced house was one of a kind. Today it is under state protection.
According to the internal organization of space openwork house is a house-commune. On the ground floor was intended to be public space — a cafe, shop, nursery and Bureau services, taking orders, cleaning, washing, delivery of meals and other services. On the residential floors of apartments occupied a smaller part of the area — most were taken under a wide bright corridors, which had become a place of contact for residents.
Another monument to Soviet constructivism, the House of Mosselprom (Kalashny lane, 2/10), in 1920-ies was the tallest building in the capital. The architecture of the building at different times engaged professionals such as Nikolay Strukov, David Cohen, Arthur Loleit and Vladimir Tsvetayev, a cousin of Marina Tsvetaeva. Decorative panels with advertising products of Mosselprom was designed by avant-garde artists Alexander Rodchenko and Varvara Stepanova, and the famous slogan, “Nowhere except in Mosselprom!” was invented by the poet Vladimir Mayakovsky.
Originally, the basement was the warehouse of the flour, the ground floor was the administration of the Moscow shops, above — Board, bookkeeping and other services Mosselprom. On the upper floors lived the workers of the confectionery factory.
In the 1930-ies of the house went to the people’s Commissariat of defense and became fully residential. It settled the highest military ranks, and after the war — the generals and heroes of the Soviet Union. In the 1960-ies the house was transferred to the Moscow city. At this time, lived in the house of the famous linguist Viktor Vinogradov, and on the top floor was the art workshop. In our day in addition to residential apartments in the house there is a faculty of the Russian University of theatre arts.
the Giant “sail” on the street grizodubovoy (house 2) was designed by the team of architects under the ruthe mandership of Andrei Bokov and Boris Uborevich-Borovsky. Initially they did not plan to give it a teardrop shape — their task was the construction of the longest house in Europe. However, in terms of building next to it there was a school and a stadium. 22-storey building has stood them sunlight, so the floors of the house decided to change the cascade.
In the end, the long, narrow building really began to resemble blown by the wind sail. Its width and length determined yet and the construction site of the house was built on the former runway of the Central airfield named after Frunze. Non-standard form of sails have demanded complex engineering solutions in the construction of engineering communications: for them inside the house held a hollow arcuate channels, repeating its rounded contours. Building facades lined with ceramic granite, and the rhythm they set is highlighted of horizontal Windows and balconies.
“Sail”, which the Muscovites call drop, wave, whale, palette, snail and even the ear, received a high evaluation of the architectural critics, and in 2008 won the award “Building of the year”.
If the “sail”, despite the unusual shape, yet looks voluminous, the house 36 on the Presnensky Shaft seems to be completely flat like in addition to the facade he has nothing. This effect is due to the fact that one of the sharp corners of the house, so from a certain angle the building looks devoid of volume.
the next house 38, building 1 also looks too narrow for me to stand on the ground without props. The effect of the plane here is due to the rectangular ledge that hides the depth of the building. The internal layout of both houses it is completely ordinary.
Both homes were built in the 1910-ies, and they are not one of a kind. One of the most famous flat houses located on Taganskaya street. House 1/2, building 2 was built as an apartment. The sharp angle of the building is closely adjacent to the wall of the neighboring house and give the impression that behind the facade there’s nothing. This architectural solution due to the fact that the customer of this home wanted to extract maximum monetary benefit from he owns land, however the site was uneven, and the house got its shape.
for a Long time in the building was a restoration, so it was hidden from the eyes of passers-by. Recently, the repair ended, and the house is again inhabited.
23 in Vishnyakovskaya lane looks like a normal brick, but if you look closely, it becomes noticeable that the facade is different from floor to floor. In fact, this house was built in the XVIII century. But not all — only the first three floors. Building in style of classicism was the main building of the Moscow merchant estate Lukutina, which was organized in the village of Fedoskino production of the famous lacquer miniatures.
In 1910, the building decided to turn��s in an apartment house. To do this, the architect Peter Ushakov was built over the estate another floor, then decorated it in the style of Neoclassicism. In 1930-e years the house had grown by another two floors, and in the 1980s it appeared three residential levels. The stages of the “growth” of the house clearly visible on the facades: the platbands of the Windows of the fourth floor is different from all the rest, between the fifth and sixth floor visible line add-ins, and corner balconies begin only in the seventh.