the 1. What are the travel preparation needs the car?

fluid levels (engine oil and cooling water) of the car control. Check tire pressure (the correct pressure values in the tank lid or the inside of the driver’s door). With a full payload of up to 0.3 bar more pumps.

2. What to do with the Luggage?

Luggage is in the trunk. Heavy pieces at the bottom, as close as possible to the rear seat backrest. Because in the case of a full braking from 50 km/h, a suitcase designed for a force of 0.5 tons and is to be a missile. Also what must be on the roof, then you should not exceed the maximum load (in the vehicle card). Trick sitting at the back: straps still close. This can prevent an accident by breaking of pieces of Luggage out of the trunk.

3. Changed by the load of the driving behavior?

Yes! The car is loaded, it tends more and more in the curves and device faster into a Skid. Braking distances increase and Overtaking takes longer.

4. My Swiss driving licence is valid everywhere?

The new driving licence in credit card format has a Europe-wide harmonised licence categories. When travelling outside of the EU or the old identity card (blue) is recommended at the Consulate or travel Agency to ask whether an international driver’s license is required.

5. You have to carry in the car next to the warning triangle, a safety vest?

Yes! In Germany, Austria and Slovenia, also Carrying a first-aid box is mandatory also. In Bosnia/Herzegovina, Croatia, Spain, Portugal, Lithuania and Slovakia, a replacement set is even light bulbs mandatory. In 21 European countries, light duty prevails also on the day. With our checklist you are driving without buses by other countries, and you can find the rules for over 200 countries.

6. Centrifugal drive is specially troublesome, because there are different rules. What applies where?

How we reach for the vehicle in the roundabout, and also in Germany, Spain, Poland, and Portugal. In Austria and Italy, the rule will stand “right before left” in the gyro. And in France generally have to defer to all of you in the roundabout, entering cars.

7. What to do in case of an accident?

At best, the police call in – case of an accident with injuries that is anyway mandatory. But at least a European accident report to fill out and both parties sign. Important: Never sign a document written in a language you do not understand. Similarly, a fault recognition on-site sign. If you have a Assistance insurance, immediately notify. Information was also available from the Swiss National Bureau of insurance (NBO) is under +41 44 628 89 30.