Russia already there are hundreds of thousands of such devices. Inside – voice assistant “Alice”. Advanced moms and dads are increasingly acquainted with her children: the neural network has learned to solve riddles, play “edible – inedible” and “odd”. And on the days she has a new skill: the children’s online simulator for speech development.
“Alice,” you’re my girlfriend!
3.8 years – the little girl is sociable, loves all things new. At the first activation of the column she spoke with “Alice” for almost an hour. So from what mom and dad goose bumps? The fact that the interaction “child – neural network” took place without adult intervention. Daughter told gadget how old she is, who her parents showed “Alice” all of your toys and even how high she can jump on one leg. At the end complained: cat scratches hurt… “Alice,” he replied, “To be okay”.
Why artificial intelligence may be more dangerous than the atomic bomb
Sometimes smart column answered at random, but this little girl was not embarrassed. Moreover, she wanted to come to the “Alice” to visit. At this point the parent patience snapped began to explain to the child that “Alice” is not alive, that this program is a robot… the Daughter then asked the speaker: “Why don’t you man?” And then fails with: “Alice” is not a robot, that’s my girlfriend!” How to react to this parent? It’s time to panic?
the Children are very fond of “Alice”, for them it is a natural way to communicate with technology, – told “RG” the developers of the voice assistant in “Yandex”. We tried to make it as safe as possible, so it is not bad advise. Of course, the conversations with the voice assistant can not and should not replace live communication, but the conscious use of the smart column with “Alice” – a safe and informative entry point internet.
Drones are very happy
after a couple of days to talk with column “about nothing” the child is tired. Then we took the “razvivalki” and began with the simulator for the development of speech. It is developed together with teachers, speech therapists, and allows you to practice the sounds [z], [TS], [sh], [h], [R] and [l]. Every sound is dedicated to the five classes. How to start a lesson? Only to ask: “Alice” get a skill “Easy to say.” Then the child can choose with whom to deal: with characters from the cartoon “Fixies” or new heroes twolame who came up with “Yandex”.
Fixies daughter liked. They make simple puzzles, sing interesting songs. With the same voices as in the cartoon. In family personal top lesson to train the sound [l]: the melody of the song – well, so clingy that the whole family sings it. “Mila soap house, La-La-La-La, there is a column in it, and she’s smart!”
What’s interesting? Along the way, fixies introduce kids with technologies of the future (smart home, smart watches) and in-demand professions (the operator of the drone, the scientist-researcher). The secret is to remain with the gadget one-on-one: training of sounds is much more fun if sings and dances the whole family. You can even grandparents to connect.
How to maintain children’s interest in the invention
– the basis of songs and poems – the classic speech therapy, stage automation sound. I would recommend them 3.5 years. Because by three years most children give the diagnosis to a speech therapist. He will give professional advice, if necessary, will begin to work on pronunciation of sounds, – told “RG” teacher-speech therapist, special psychologist Anna Sergina. And stage automation sound plug-in “Alice” during the execution of homework, so the training was more interesting and more fun. Of course you can try the songs on their own. But my experience is that children who have disorders in the pronunciation and perception of sounds without speech therapy still can not do, because it requires complex work. “Alice” was more of a helper.
the Bun and everything Photo: EPA
But perhaps the most useful skills smart speakers for the child were fairy tales and lullabies. The choice – and Russian folk, and Andersen and the brothers Grimm, and Chukovsky, and Zakhoder, and even tales Bazhov… “Alice”, of course, she tells them she’s doing stars of the Russian stage and cinema. And can run even the Soviet records that we all listened to the records, or, on the contrary, modern.
Artificial intelligence is taken for upbringing at an early stage
“a snack” – advise your child how to properly brush your teeth, talk about how important it is to expel all ‘monsters’ mouth. And make riddles about animals, I will answer the most unexpected questions: “What is a microbe?”, “How to fly a plane?”, “And why are burgers in the garden is tasty?”
Kompetentna search feedback
Alexander Veraksa, corresponding member of the Russian Academy of education, doctor of psychological Sciences, head of the Department of education psychology and pedagogy faculty of psychology of Moscow state University:
– We are faced with a new phenomenon which is connected with digitalization. Previously, this would be simply impossible. However, the interaction with modern gadgets requires children of a certain level of development. Age 3.8 years, referred to in the article, is associated with the development of children’s personality, gaining their own identity, linguistic expression. That is why it is important communication the adult and the peer with the child. Naturally, he wants to share the “discovery” of your own world of toys, adult relatives, different jobs and Hobbies. It is important to have a feedback that would allow the child to develop further in understandingand the social world: learn about the feelings and emotions of the people, the attitude to various aspects of life, values, accepted in society, etc.
In 2021 will start testing of the training modules “Artificial intelligence”
However, the algorithms written responses of the computer are not always able to meet the standards of an interested interlocutor, who is not just nods to the beat of the received information, and support to develop the child’s interest, to Orient it in a variety of data inherent in the program. In other words, we are talking about the fact that the interaction with the gadget impersonal. It represents adherence to a predetermined algorithm, is according to the General scheme. This type of interaction does not support children’s individuality, inhibits the development of creativity. I want to emphasize that this communication is not painted emotionally, does not involve responding to hidden meanings that arise in a situation. If we are talking about playing tales, which is different from expressive reading, which we listened to as kids, on vinyl, in this case, the child simply presented a good cultural example of the experience of life situations, meanings, knowledge of the outside world.
“Talk to me, machine!” Photo: Ksenia looks Kolesnikovich dialogue
“Alice”, let’s play!
– It is possible, and what?
– In pony!
Oh, of course! Pony wonderful!
– And what other animals do you like?
– most of the pandas and penguins.
– I – lions.
– Cats my love. So proud and independent. And so soft and warm. I, of course, not tried. Judging by the pictures.