the people’s Observatory in Gorky Park will be restored. The Department of cultural heritage of Moscow has approved the project of the necessary work. Astronomical pavilion was built in the 1950s, the works were completed in 1957 during the postwar reconstruction of the Park, which involved a team of architects under the direction of Vitaly Dolganova.

two-Storey brick building of the national Observatory is located near the main entrance arch at the address: ulitsa Krymskiy Val, 9, building 5. It is a rotunda with two symmetrical staircases. The building covered with a dome, equipped with a rotating mechanism, and sliding doors.

the decoration of the facades of the Observatory is based on the combination of red and white flowers. Thus, the blades (vertical ridges on the wall-like columns without bases and capitals) and the dome belt painted white. The spaces between the blades lined with red brick and decorated with round Windows.

Inside the building will upgrade the flooring wood and granite, and the walls will restore the plaster and paint layers.

for Over 20 years the Observatory was closed to visitors, but in September 2012, re-opened its doors. There are installed two powerful telescope and automatic sliding dome.

the pavilion was carried out day and evening astronomical tours, talked about the structure of telescopes. The Observatory closed in the fall and winter, but in the Day of cosmonautics, April 12, once again began to welcome guests. However, more than six years, the pavilion is not working.

the people’s Observatory in Gorky Park — identified object of cultural heritage. This means that all work will be conducted under the supervision of specialists of the Moscow cultural heritage Department and only agreed upon by the Agency project.

the Central Park of culture and rest was founded in 1928. The chief architect who designed the grounds from the main entrance to Neskuchny garden was the avant-gardist Konstantin Melnikov.

In 1932 the reconstruction project of the Park was begun by the architects Alexander Vlasov and Alexey Shchusev.

In 2013, the Park transferred part of the territory of the natural reserve “Sparrow hills” and part of the territory of the Moscow state University named after M. V. Lomonosov. And in 2015-m in it was composed and the Park of arts “Muzeon” — the largest in Russia Museum of sculptures under the open sky.

large-Scale reconstruction of the historical objects on the territory of Gorky Park has been ongoing for several years. So, in 2018, the Park completed the restoration circumference two side wings of the main entrance. Since 1950-ies there were cash pavilions. During the work which lasted two years, experts have restored the facades and interiors circumference. Six of the 42 cash Windows left openof Itami, they are decorated with signs “cash”.

planned In the near future the restoration of the grotto of count Orlov in Neskuchny garden. Gardening building was built in the late XVIII century. The restoration will hold for the first time in the history of the grotto. Experts will result in the order of masonry, and would also restore the historic character of the lookout.

Now the Park ongoing restoration of the famous gazebo rotundas Golitsyn hospital on Pushkinskaya embankment. Experts have begun to restore the historical appearance of the gazebos. To complete the work and open them for guests of the Park is planned before the end of September.

the Preservation and restoration of architectural monuments in Moscow — the most important direction in the work of the Department of cultural heritage. Many monuments find a new life, adapt them for modern use, while maintaining the historical appearance of the capital. Since 2011 the city has restored more than 1,400 objects of cultural heritage, of which 203 in 2019.