This article is over two days old and may contain outdated advice from the authorities regarding the koronasmitten.
Keep yourself updated in The overview, or through the FHIs website.
– I’m no seamstress, but I am fortunate to have been asked. Health care is in a difficult situation, and they have a tough job. I am grateful to be able to contribute with something concrete, ” says Frøydis Honnemyr.
the Need for protective gear that health care provider should use during the treatment of koronaviruset is large.
Health-Norway has among other things asked the Norwegian business sector assistance to obtain equipment. But sørlandskommunen seeking energy independence went to their own citizens. And where did they response immediately.
It was kriseledelsen in seeking energy independence of the municipality that challenged Honnemyr to sew protective clothing that can be reused, if the municipality runs out, the printer Lister24, who first publicized the case.
Freydis Honnemyr in deep concentration behind the sewing machine.
Photo: Per-Bill Sandbakk / NRK 50 have signed up to
the Rim that helsemedarbeidere use today, are mostly engangsklær that can not withstand the wash and must be disposed of immediately.
Honnemyr have sewn ten outfits in under two hours.
– It has been a positive ringvirkning, ” says Frøydis.
– What is important to think about when you make the costumes?
– they are easy to get on. The suits that are used today can withstand the nothing. This is real cotton that can be boiled and used again. They can withstand many rounds in the washing machine.
Now is not the Honnemyr alone to sew protective clothing. In a short time have over 50 several people said that they want to sew.
– It is incredibly fascinating to see how the citizens grabs this way. Everyone contributes at the same time as the national rules are followed, says Ronny Bjørnevåg, kommunalsjef in seeking energy independence of the municipality.
Read: When the hospital asked about essential equipment, took craftsmen affair
Kommunalsjef Ronny Bjørnevåg try one of the dresses. He is impressed by how the citizens steps up when needed.
Photo: Per-Bill Sandbakk / NRK Will not take any chances
Municipality still has enough protective equipment. But to avoid ending up in a situation where they don’t have several outfits, they chose to challenge the citizens.
We do not know what the future brings. It is uncertain when we will receive new smittevernutstyr from China, and we don’t know how big the need is. We take no chances and will be in the forefront, ” he says.
Read: Over 48 000 have signed up to the service: – It should be in our nature
So far, Frøydis Honnemyr sewn ten outfits. Many others are also in the time to sew costumes.
Photo: Per-Bill Sandbakk / NRK Open to share with others
Kommuneoverlegen and smittevernlegen in seeking energy independence have ordered 500 surgical masks and 300 outfits. They have given clear instructions on how the costumes should look like and what kind of material to be used.
– I overbringer it to the individual to sew. The material shall be cooked at the smitteprogram and everything is customized according to needs.
the Equipment used for the sampling of the patients and to check in the municipality. Kommunalsjefen open also for that they can share with other municipalities.
If we have overcapacity of suits, and other municipalities have less, then we will share.
Kommunalsjefen emphasizes that all who want to contribute must follow the smittevernrådene.
– It should not be established sewing circles. We must all work for each.
More about koronaviruset OversiktSiste nyttSpørsmålNyhetsbrev