hospitalization varies, but should only have lasted two hours. But the 22-year-old Patrick Friis from Silkeborg is just now being kept in quarantine in a small living room in Ho Chi Minh City where everything is closing down.

“It feels like a movie. It is totally surreal. We don’t go out in the corridors, we don’t go out at all. We are four people inside on the hospital beds,” he says to B. T. about the unfamiliar situation, which has its origins in the 14. march.

Here was Patrick Friis card inside of a bar. He ordered nothing, but after some days he was asked if he had been there.

When he could confirm, he was asked to work from home. Ago he got message to go to the hospital and be checked for corona virus.

It would take two hours. Was the test negative, he would be allowed to go again, it sounded, and Patrick Friis took 23. march in the hospital in Vietnam.

“I was led into a hospital room, where there is a toilet roll, a toothbrush and a small towel. As I can see, I’m not going out after a few hours. We are doing the test, and there goes some hours. No one speaks English, so there is also confusion,” says Patrick Friis.

his classmate Frederik Andersen take to the hospital to be tested. The two share the now living room along with several others. There is no air conditioning, and even after the test was negative, they have not been allowed to go.

Every day ask a doctor if they have symptoms. Even if the answer is ‘no’, they are kept in the hospital.

“They say that we should be there around 14 days. It is confusing. One says it is 14 days from the on the bar, the other says it is 14 days from when we came in here (at the hospital, red.). We still have not been able to confirm what is true or false,” says Patrick Friis, that both the embassy and the Ministry of foreign affairs has been instructed to wait.

being fought in order to get the danes back home. Originally he should have been with a flight back home on Tuesday – a flight which, however, was canceled – and so far, these are kept in the hospital in the dark.

“When we came, there were neither pillows or quilt. There was a toothbrush, a little shampoo and a towel. On the toilet there are no facilities. It looks like fucking something from a prison. We are woken up at 5 in the morning where they make soup by the side of the us. At 11 o’clock there comes some rice, and what looks like meat, but it tastes not really like that. In the evening we get the same portion. We get food, but it is not something we are accustomed to live by,” says Patrick Friis.

Since none of them figured they should be there long, they have no clothes with. Communication with staff is difficult, because only a doctor can speak English. Otherwise they perform in sign language.

Days go by to try to keep your spirits up, and they shall be comforted, however, with at least two.

“It makes very clear the difference that we have each other. Try to think, if I had been down here alone, I had not been able to keep out. Already now we are to go all the way down. We have only been here for a few days,” says Patrick Friis.

Venneparret given the opportunity to be moved to an international hospital, which is 45 minutes away, but it would cost 1,000 dollars – approximately 6.900 pounds per day.

When they are allowed to move out again, they don’t. And here are waiting for new challenges. For Patrick Friis tells that he originally had to move out of his apartment Friday.

the Contract is terminated, but he can’t download his stuff. At the same time the landlords of the authorities have been urged not to extend contracts or enter into new right now, so when he comes out from the hospital, he stands without a roof over their head.

One option is a couple of nights at Frederick, who has his apartment until 1. april.

“I can maybe stay a few days. Right now it sounds to they shut the whole city down. More and more people have been sent home, and the embassy is struggling so hard, they can. It’s the same insurance companies. It is a lortesituation and not something we are used to,” says Patrick Friis.

“It is strange to be here. It was not how I had intended, my eight months in Vietnam to end. I’m sure it will become a skidegod story to tell, when I once am out of here. But right now I would have been without it,” concludes silkeborgenseren.